Thursday, June 11, 2009

Root Chakra


I am working on becoming better with healing. I have been doing a lot of energy work, and working with the pendulum. The last lesson in my pendulum class was working with the Chakra's and while I realized I have a basic knowledge of the Chakra's I wanted to improve my knowledge of them. I started Lesson 1 the other day.

Part of our homework assignment for the lesson was to color in a root chakra mandala. I love playing with graphics :)) So I immediately grabbed a copy of it and went to my graphics program to start coloring it in. The first time I did it I started to feel settled and actually noticed a tingling in my root chakra. I wound up using a lot of flame graphics as I was going along. I was trying to follow the color in the demonstration one to a point. As I was going through coloring it in, I noticed myself starting to feel a bit stressed by the flames in the graphics! lol :))) I had an urge to restart so I hit refresh and started over. This time I didn't look at an example I just colored in with what I felt. As I was doing it I found myself in a relaxed meditative state and I found myself funny enough working through issues in my mind that pertained to my root chakra. It took me almost 2 hours to complete it. I had a lot of reflection time after doing it. I found it to be an amazing experience. This is what it looked like:





Root Chakra (from About.com)

The Base or Root Chakra is associated with the color red. This chakra is the grounding force that allows us to connect to the earth energies and empower our beings. Focusing one's attention on the color of a cherry popsicle or a juicy red apple can help bring our energetic body "down to earth" and in alignment with our physical body when we find ourselves energetically fleeting or in other words....."spacing off."
Chakra One - Associations
  • Color - red
  • Sanskrit Name - muladhara
  • Physical Location - base of the spine
  • Purposes - kinesthetic feelings, movement
  • Spiritual Lesson - material world lessons
  • Physical Dysfunctions- lower back pain, sciatica, varicose veins, rectal tumors, depression, immune related disorders
  • Mental and Emotional Issues - survival, self esteem, social order, security, family
  • Information Stored Inside Root Chakra - familial beliefs, superstitions, loyalty, instincts, physical pleasure or pain, touch
  • Area of Body Governed - spinal column, kidneys, legs, feet, rectum, immune system
Gemstones and Flower Essences: Gemstones and Flower Essences that stimulate, cleanse and energize the root chakra
  • Gemstones - Hematite, Black Tourmaline, Onyx
  • Flower Essences - Corn, Clematis, Rosemary
Root Chakra Exercises - Chakracise your root chakra by stomping your feet upon the ground, marching, and doing squats

Feeding Your Root Chakra
Grounding
Root vegetables: carrots, potatoes, parsnips, radishes, beets, onions, garlic, etc.
Protein-rich foods: eggs, meats, beans, tofu, soy products, peanut butter
Spices: horseradish, hot paprika, chives, cayenne, pepper

1 comment:

  1. Ok! How weird is that? i just took a chakras test only to show what i already knew, my root chakra and my navel chakra are underactive. Root chakra is in a worse condition than the others and then checking out blogger saw your post! Everything happens for a reason. I am definitely going to work on my root chakra 's exercises! Great post and fabulous graphics by the way! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.