Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pagan Carols

As we are approaching Yule, it dawned on me yesterday that I really didn't know any Pagan carols suitable for the season. All I know are the traditional Christmas carols. I am browsing the community forums over at Sacred Mists and one of my sisters posted a carol that she had found online. It is to the tune of Silent Night.

A Pagan Silent Night

Silent night, Solstice Night
All is calm, all is bright

Nature slumbers in forest and glen

Till in Springtime She wakens again

Sleeping spirits grow strong!

Sleeping spirits grow strong!

Silent night, Solstice night

Silver moon shining bright

Snowfall blankets the slumbering
Earth
Yule fires welcome the Sun's rebirth
Hark, the Light is reborn!

Hark, the Light is reborn!


Silent night, Solstice night

Quiet rest till the Light

Turning ever the rolling Wheel
Brings the Winter to comfort and heal

Rest your spirit in peace!

Rest your spirit in peace!


Words by Ellen Reed


I absolutely love this :) If anyone knows of any others that you would like to share I would love to see them. :) I also looked online and came across a link that you may like as well. It also has several Pagan Carols. http://www.joellessacredgrove.com/Carols/carols.html






1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this. I am going to sing it, record it and post it on my blog.
    Brightest blessings.
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.