Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Power of Intention


"Negative emotions tell you that your pulling power from intention is weak or even nonexistant; positive emotions tell you that you're connecting to and accessing the power of intention." Dr Wayne W. Dyer

I downloaded an application for my iphone the other day, Dr Wayne W. Dyer Power of Intention perpetual calender. It gives you a quote each day to help you work with intention in your every day life. So what is intention? A working definition for intention is: “to have in mind a purpose or plan, to direct the mind, to aim.” A simple definition your goals for what you want in life. Have you ever really sat down to think about your life's purpose? What you want to achieve in your life? What should be your own personal spiritual journey. Loaded questions, I understand. Surely questions that can lead you to days of pondering.

The power of intention is extremely powerful. It goes along quite nicely with my belief that you have the power to achieve anything you desire in this life if you just set your mind to it. I have a Bachelor of Science in Business Management. I had one particular professor that challenged me to my fullest. Students avoided his class just because he was so difficult and it was extremely challenging to achieve a good grade in his class. I, however, took every class I could with this professor because he set the course to change my life. He told me that we can achieve whatever we want in this life by thinking about it. If you have a thought that you think over and over and you truly believe it can be done. It can....

You have the power to make your dreams a reality. A huge step in accomplishing this is the power of intention. Start small. When you wake up in the morning, take a moment to think about what you want for that day. I woke up this morning with the intention to not yell today. Being a Mom of two children this can be a challenge most days. However, I want to live a more positive spiritual life. I believe that if I can do this good will come to me. I've seen it happen. Such a simple sounding path can however be a difficult one to walk, at least on my personal journey it is at this time. I am determined to lead a powerful, peaceful, spiritual life.

Just by waking up this morning and reading the quote above, and setting how I intended to go about my day today, I have been more calm. In turn I have been more positive, and things have not seemed as overwhelming today, which is helping me in raising my children, and my work from home. So I ask you as a reader to think about your intentions for what you want with your life, this year, this month, today? Are you as happy as you could be? Come along this journey with me. Together dreams can become reality and happiness is entirely possible. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.