Saturday, April 10, 2010

Merry Meet :)

Today I was criticized for the first time in a long time about being Wiccan by someone very close to me. I was told that I have no religion. This honestly floored me being that this person is someone that I thought was starting to have a pretty good understanding of who I am and what I believe in and was being supportive. I don't ask that people believe in what I believe but I ask that they respect my beliefs and if possible keep an open mind.

I tossed about writing this entry because I don't want to project any negative emotions. However it's been running through my mind for the last few hours now and I felt maybe if I wrote it out it would get rid of it a bit. My issue with this is once again the person that I was criticized by was someone who is Protestant. This is what I was before I converted to Wiccan. The thing I find most disturbing is that I am accused of having no religion when in fact I am very religious and very spiritual. I am just more tolerant of all religions and do not believe that people are condemned if they are one religion or another.

I find all of the religions fascinating honestly. When you begin to study all of them you start finding similarities between all of them. We all believe in a lot of the same things and people. Yes they may have different names or be called something different. The biggest thing is that we all believe in doing good in this world. "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will" I live by this to the best of my ability. I believe that everyone should be spiritual. I am not going to out and recruit people and enforce this but I truly believe that spirituality helps to empower a person.

I just find it curious why in this life I have so many people who want to change me into who they want me to be rather than celebrating who I am. I have lived my life up until 2 years ago trying so hard to please people around me and be who they want me to be. The last 2 years I have spent developing who I am and learning to say No, and stand firm in who I am. I just wish the world was a bit more tolerant of it.

As for my children, they are being raised spiritually. They are being taught to love life and to treat people how they would want to be treated. They are being taught to love the earth and to be one with nature. In such a technological world the fact that I have two children who prefer to be outdoors I think speaks volumes in how they are being raised. As for what religion they choose to be that is their choice. They are being exposed to both Wicca and the Protestant religion right now. I continue to celebrate the holidays that are important to my family. I don't teach them anything negative about the Christian religion. It is their choice which path they will choose to walk. I would not consider my children without a religion.

I'm sure many more of you have been in this situation before, which is another reason I have chosen to put it out there. ;) I believe it's important to keep an open mind as you live your life and not jump to judge those who may be different. They may not be as different as you may think.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.