Thursday, July 29, 2010

Coincidence?

Merry Meet :)

Was the most amazing beautiful day outside today.  It was really hot but there was this really cool breeze coming through that made it a perfect day to be outside. In the afternoon I had a really amazing experience. We have a family of hawks that live in the field up behind my house.  I've seen them a lot but never up close.  I love that they are and enjoy watching them fly around way overhead.  The hawk is very special to me as it is one of my spirit guides.

Today one of the hawks came so close I was just astounded.  I was sitting in the front yard watching the kids and she flew in wings huge as she soared over my head.  Her beauty truly took my breath away.  Her belly and head were completely white and she had brownish gray spots running along her back.  She was close enough that I saw that she had a red tail.  So I now know what type of hawk she is.   She looked almost exactly like the one in the picture, but a bit more white.  She sat on a tree in my front yard staring at me for what must have been a good 15 minutes.  My daughter and son and I just sat on the grass in the front yard under the tree watching her.  Was just a breathtaking uplifting experience for me.   I am still amazed at how close she got to us. :))))

An additional thing that's been happening over the last three days is I have been seeing tons of dragonflies.  I have never seen so many in my life! lol All different colors and in the strangest of places.  I actually saw 3 in parking lots in the last few days.  I have definitely seen more in the last 3 days then I have in my life. I'm not sure if it's some sort of season for them or not? lol Curious I looked up the meaning of them on my animal totem application on my iphone. :) "The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing.
Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity."  There was more than that as well.  Have been dealing with some really intense issues in my life lately so the symbolism I read on the dragonfly astounded me how well it matched up. 

Something happened tonight to me that I thought was rather crazy. I had to take a stool sample for my new pup Max to the vet.  Was by myself and the plan was just to drop it off and get the results tomorrow before we leave to Maine on vacation.  I was by myself.  As I got into the vet they asked if I would like to stay for the results.  I was a bit hesitant as the last time I was there I was with Daisy before I put her to sleep.  I wanted the results though so decided to stay.  I settled into a spot on the bench and started reading an ebook on my phone.  I sat there for about 20 minutes.  In that 20 minutes I saw 6 labradors come in.  The only 6 dogs to come in while I was sitting there and every single one was a lab and looked like a much older lab.  Two were black the other four were yellow and I'm pretty sure all of them were males.  My veterinarian is a pretty small office so this alone kinda set me to thinking.

After 20 minutes I got Max's results, he's fine. :) So I went to check out.  The check out area is in a bit of a different area from the waiting room.  The girl gave me the medicine for Max.  I said thank you and told her I was a bit paranoid as I had just lost my labrador of 14 years.  She said something back to me but I didn't even hear it because at that moment the door opened.  A old yellow lab who looked like a male walked in with six people.  The boy had his arms wrapped around the dog's neck and was hunched over hugging him as the dog walked in slowly to a room right behind me.  They were all crying.  The dog was very very peaceful much like Daisy was in her last days.  It was crystal clear to me that they were going to put this dog to sleep. The vet ushered them into the room and closed the door.  They used a door that was an exit.  Had I not been standing in that spot signing my credit card bill I would've never seen it.    Tears immediately sprang to my eyes and I said I was sorry to the girl waiting on me and I bolted out the door.  Didn't want to be seen crying.

As I drove away the impact of everything that happened in that half hour hit me.  My favorite number is six.  I mean what are the odds of all that occuring? Tomorrow will be three weeks since I put my Daisy to sleep.  Coincidence?

Between the hawk, the dragonfly and what happened tonight I am in awe of all the signs and symbolism surrounding my life and my dedication to my path.

Love and Blessings

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart honey xx Hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing story. I am enjoying catching up on your blogs this morning. )O(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.