Monday, August 9, 2010

New Corn Moon

Tonight I will attend the New Corn Moon ritual with Sacred Mists.  This moon phase can also be known as the barley moon.  The corn moon is known to be a fiery time and a good time to focus on your physical and spiritual health.  Two areas I am definitely concentrating on improving so I found it especially important to make sure that I attend tonight. :)

  •  Colors: Red, Yellow
  • Gemstones: Tigers eye, carnelian, garnet, red agate
  • Trees: Cedar and hazel
  • Gods: Vulcan, Mars, Nemesis, Hecate, Hathor, Thoth
  • Herbs: Rosemary, basil, rue, chamomile
  • Element: Fire 
It is also my first full day back from vacation and what a day it has been. :) I have definitely come back from vacation much stronger then when I left.  I am finally starting to heal from some of the pain that I have been experiencing in my life, and feel as if I am truly beginning a new chapter.

Amazingly enough my tarot card pulls that I do for myself are starting to reflect that as well.  I have been doing tarot readings for myself and others on occasion for almost 2 years now.  In the past year my tarot pulls were becoming extremely redundant.  I kept pulling the tower and death cards.  The reason for these was pretty apparent to me but I still had a hard time making a break that needed to be made in order to change the path of my life.  Since overcoming this obstacle my tarot card pulls are starting to look so much better.  They are much more encouraging and showing me that I am indeed on the correct path.  I just need to keep following my guides and my intuition and I do believe things will fall into place. It's hard to describe but I feel as if I have been given my wings back lol :)))

I've always lived by the quote that "everything happens for a reason", and I do indeed believe this to be true.  Although I must confess sometimes I am struggling to find the reasons for why I must go through some of the things that happen. :)))

I have been reading a lot of books by Sylvia Browne lately.  Her work is fascinating to me.  I recently completed her book Temples on the Other Side and was just fascinated by the information that the book contained and how well it matched with what I believe.  I'm now working on her book All Pets Go To Heaven: The Spiritual Lives of the Animals We Love.  A couple quotes jumped out at me during my reading and I wanted to share them with you. :)


"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.  It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.  It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. " - Blackfoot


"We are all one child spinning through Mother Sky." - Shawnee


"The soul would have no rainbow if the eye had no tears." - Tribe Unknown


Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.