Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Life Lesson - Love

Merry Meet :)

So I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately.  It has actually crossed my mind several times that in order to finish this final exam for my Priestess degree not only am I getting the written version but the life version as well as the things being thrown at me the past few weeks have been unreal and made me question pretty much my entire life.  Somehow I know that when I sort it all out I will be much stronger for it though.  A similar thing happened to me when I received my initial Reiki attunement but this time it seems much stronger.

It is my belief that we all come back here to learn a lesson in life before we go back to the other side.  For the past few years I've been actively wondering what mine was.  Was it to learn how to be a better healer, learn to work as a medium perhaps, maybe I'm to be a guide for others to help them find their way.  I've meditated on it, asked my guides for answers and pondered it endlessly.  But never so much as I have in the past few weeks.  Since receiving my final written exam to become a Priestess it's been thrown in front of my face nonstop.  Ok you can tell me now, is this suppose to happen? *looks around* :))) lol  Part of my exam yes? lol :))

In any event I do believe I have my answer for why I'm here and what I'm to learn and the fact of the matter is it's so simplistic it's beyond complex.  If you can follow that.  I need to learn how to love.  Scary thought eh? Something that is suppose to be so natural so simple, has been anything but for me in this life.  Funny too I don't believe I'm alone in this life quest. 

As an empath I feel so many emotions from people, animals, surrounding etc so how can it be that I have one of the most important emotions in life so muddled up.  There are so many different levels and types of love out there if you get right down to it, it can make your head spin trying to define them all. I know if I could work it out properly I would relax and be a much better person as well.

Not only do you need to know all the different types of love but you need to know how to handle each one appropriately.  Sometimes I wish I had a crystal ball that could give me all the answers in how to handle each relationship, but I rely on my intuition working to sort out how to be in each relationship.  I do know one thing that I feel as if I am still walking alone.  I am still learning to love self so that I may love others the way I should.  I was told that you can't have that perfect lifelong match with another person until you can learn to effectively love yourself.  I know I have come a long way but I still have so much farther to go on my journey. 

I need to learn how to love..........

Love and Blessings ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmmmm...

    Interesting post. It's inspired a lot of thoughts from me because I'm not really sure I agree with you. LOL

    Why I say this is, I think you're setting yourself up for an impossible task. To define, comprehend and categorize each different love, its levels and which is appropriate for each relationship in your life - seems daunting. I'm not sure there's a soul on this planet who can do that. Or should.

    I know, for a fact, you know how to love. You see with your heart, you are incredibly empathetic. You have children.

    Those three qualities show, beyond a shawdow of a doubt, that you know how to love. Love fully. Love unconditionally. Love from the inside out.

    I think you touched on the thing that probably truly holds you back. I think I've said this to you before, so it may sound familiar.

    As you said, you need to learn how to love yourself. You need to embrace your "imperfection", forgive your peccadilloes and understand your idiosyncrasies.

    I believe you need to be able to remove everyone else from your life and find contentment. Better yet - bone fide happiness. You need to be able to look at yourself - from the inside out - and truly believe you are the best you can be. Love yourself.

    Until then, I think it's damn near impossible to allow someone else to love you. REALLY love you. Because until you sincerely believe in self worth - you'll spend your whole life trying to please other people or fit into these pre-defined roles that our ideological society has created.

    When I say "You need" - it's general terms. more like "One needs..." I believe this applies to everyone.

    In short, I could be way off base. You could disagree entirely. But from what I know about you - the last thing you "need" to do is learn to love. You've got that in folds. Stop looking for whats missing and you'll be able to see all the great that already exists. Once you do that, these dark clouds of uncertainty will disperse, leave you weightless and provide clarity.

    Life will never be perfect. It'll likely never make sense either. But to me? That's the beauty of it =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.