Thursday, November 11, 2010

Response To A Comment on Love :)

Merry Meet :))

A few days ago I wrote a post called Life Lesson - Love.  In a nutshell I wrote that I believed that my life "quest" if you will was to learn to love properly.  I also thought I am probably not alone in this quest.  To that post I received this well thought out response that I've quite honestly been reading for days trying to come up with a educated witty response to.  It was written by someone who I am proud to have said was a best friend to me in my life.  Someone with a true heart who has clearly accomplished the lesson that I have set out to learn. ;) She is also one heck of a write.  So while I am unable to come up with a perfect response I am hoping this will do ;)  Her comment I thought was well worth sharing with everyone as she says it better then I ever could.  I would like to say I agree :))))) and thank you Shannon. :)))))) Huge Hugs.    Here is her response:

"Interesting post. It's inspired a lot of thoughts from me because I'm not really sure I agree with you. LOL

Why I say this is, I think you're setting yourself up for an impossible task. To define, comprehend and categorize each different love, its levels and which is appropriate for each relationship in your life - seems daunting. I'm not sure there's a soul on this planet who can do that. Or should.

I know, for a fact, you know how to love. You see with your heart, you are incredibly empathetic. You have children.

Those three qualities show, beyond a shawdow of a doubt, that you know how to love. Love fully. Love unconditionally. Love from the inside out.

I think you touched on the thing that probably truly holds you back. I think I've said this to you before, so it may sound familiar.

As you said, you need to learn how to love yourself. You need to embrace your "imperfection", forgive your peccadilloes and understand your idiosyncrasies.

I believe you need to be able to remove everyone else from your life and find contentment. Better yet - bone fide happiness. You need to be able to look at yourself - from the inside out - and truly believe you are the best you can be. Love yourself.

Until then, I think it's damn near impossible to allow someone else to love you. REALLY love you. Because until you sincerely believe in self worth - you'll spend your whole life trying to please other people or fit into these pre-defined roles that our ideological society has created.

When I say "You need" - it's general terms. more like "One needs..." I believe this applies to everyone.

In short, I could be way off base. You could disagree entirely. But from what I know about you - the last thing you "need" to do is learn to love. You've got that in folds. Stop looking for whats missing and you'll be able to see all the great that already exists. Once you do that, these dark clouds of uncertainty will disperse, leave you weightless and provide clarity.

Life will never be perfect. It'll likely never make sense either. But to me? That's the beauty of it =)"


Original Post


Shannon's Blog

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Here I was catching up on your blog and look what I found!

    Aww brandy.... You're so sweet. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.