Saturday, February 12, 2011

Empaths...Water = Calm

Merry Meet everyone :))

If you are an empath or highly sensitive person, or even just stressed water can be an amazing tool to help achieve calm.  Water is a balancing element for sensitive people.  Sounds simple right? Something so readily available that we take for granted can be essential in helping us to stay grounded in life.  So let's think about some of the ways that we can achieve this.

Drink water - I have a friend that hounds me on this! lol And you know what? He's completely right. I can tell a day when I've gotten enough water because I am much calmer.  On the days that I slack I can tell by the end of the day as I am more easily agitated.  You will find a wealth of different theories out there on how much water you should drink but I go by the 8x8 rule.  Drink 8, 8 oz glasses per day.  If this isn't something you are already doing, try it out for a few days and see if it makes a difference.  I betcha you will be surprised.

Baths - That's it ladies, (and gentlemen) there's your excuse to take that extra bubble bath each day. :)) I'm using it.  Immersing yourself in the water of a bath and letting yourself just become one with the element will do wonders to ground you and improve your mood.  Add in some lavender or vanilla oil to your bath to give it some added calming aromas.  If you really want to do it up, light some candles around the outside and watch the flame as you relax in the water.  As you drain the bathtub picture all that negative energy going right down the drain.

Showers - Even your morning 5 minute shower can become a meditation exercise to help ground and calm you.  As that water pours over your head picture it washing any negative energies right down your body, away from you and down the drain.  The let the water cover you with white light spreading positive energy through your body.

Lake, Ocean, River, Swimming Pool, Puddle - :)))) Yes even a puddle lol  See if you can find somewhere to sit next to water where you can relax and just watch the water. I can't tell you how many times I've said arghhh I need to go to the ocean to clear my mind.  I never realized that I was an empath back then and that water was key for us empaths to ground us.

Fountains - If you have access to a tabletop water fountain you can put up in your living area it will help huge. The sound and sight of it will do wonders to improve your mood.  If you don't have access, try leaving a couple bowls of water about the house filled with cool clear water and see how that does to improve your mood.

These are just a few ideas to get you started.  Once you are aware that water is essential to working with and controlling your gift you will start to become aware of the many ways you can incorporate it more into your life.  Give it a try. If you have any other ideas of ways to incorporate water into your life I would love to hear them :)))) Any stories to share? :)))))

Until next time :)

Love and Blessings

Jasmeine Moonsong

2 comments:

  1. Being by the sea brings you peace and calmness. I once travelled to Argentina and I had been told that the Atlantic Coast there was beautiful. One day I felt the urge to go by the seaside and I couldn´t wait. I rented one of those buenos aires apartments and stayed there for a month. After that, I was more relaxed than when I first arrived!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lived in 5 lake houses since 1993, I can't imagine how unsettling it would be, not to see the water outside my windows. I also work in a restaurant on a lake, I need the water around me all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong