Thursday, June 9, 2011

All Around the Garden

Merry Meet :)

We had some wicked storms last night.  They started rather early in the night around 8:00.  The winds were pretty heavy and the lightning was heat lightning unlike any I've seen in my past. It just ripped sideways across the sky completely branching out in so many different directions. I've never seen it that close before.  Given last weeks tornado that hit right near my house I was understandably a bit edgy.  The weather channel said the storms would be done around 11:00.  I fell asleep at a bit after 10 as I was just exhausted last night. About 1:00 in the morning I felt like I was ripped from the dream I was in and woken up.  I could hear the wind ripping around the house. And I said out loud three times, It's Not Safe.  I actually said it with an accent which is another thing to ponder at some point.  Not the first time that has happened.  In any event I was urged to get out of bed and quickly.

I could barely see but I threw on a robe an went down the hall.  Outside it looked like some sorta  light show with torrential rains beating against the window, lightning lighting up the sky almost every second and the trees just bending with the weight of the wind.  It really looked like someone was just spraying a hose against my window the rain was that heavy.  My instincts told me to go in an get my son.  I had all I could do to push open his door.  I had to put my full weight against it.  When I finally got it open I felt like I was in some sorta movie.  My son's bed is under his window.  Apparently at some point last night he decided to open it his window all the way.  The wind was just cranking into his room.  The blinds were blown pretty much straight out flapping in the wind over his head an my son was sitting in the center of it rubbing his eyes trying to move. I have never felt wind that strong.  So I can't even begin to imagine what those who went through the tornado last Wednesday felt.

I got my son and closed up his room.  I kept him on my lap until I felt the storm had calmed enough where it was safe to put him back to bed.  When I awoke this morning the storm has blown things all over my yard.  It took down an old tree in my back yard.  Funny enough the tree split when it came down and one half landed on each side of my garden.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.