Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lovely Just the Way That I Am

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." ~Harvey Fierstein

Merry Meet :)

I saw the quote above a week ago from one of my sisters at the Mists and it really hit home for me.  I think one of the most challenging lessons that's been presented to me on my path is to get comfortable with me.   My whole life has contained people who've wanted to change me and control me.  I've realized that I'm the one at fault with that path because I let them.  Instead of standing up for myself I just became silent and did my best to please everyone around me.  It's been a long work in progress but I've become much more comfortable with who I am.  I've learned that if I can be comfortable and content with who I am the rest will fall into line.  If the people around me aren't happy with me and still want to change me then they didn't have my best interests at heart to begin with.

I'm very sensitive so I can get hurt easy.  Very easy. It has not made things easy.  I've been made fun of for being sensitive my entire life.  When people try to change me it has just cut me to the bones over the years.  So I am learning to forgive and forget and move on with my life with those who love me and make me happy in life.  Life is to short to live it trying to please everyone.  I think it's important to embrace people's differences.  Try to find the good in the people you encounter and who take part in your life and see what you can learn from them.

I love the following song and I hope that anyone who is going through the same thing will love it as well. :))))

You are lovely just the way you are ;) Don't forget that. Hugs


"The most beautiful people are the ones who have known struggle, known loss, known defeat, and 
found their way through the depths to reach the top."


Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.