Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Walk in the Woods

Merry Meet,

I was sitting here working and the afternoon air was just calling to me.  So I decided to go off on an adventure with my son.  I put him in the car and we drove up the road a ways through this area that has always just fascinated me. The town is called Granville and it is just one town up from where I live.  There is a certain area that I am quite fond of.  It is an older area.  It's mostly water shed land now.  It's just miles and miles of woods, old trails, stone walls, and brooks.  The perfect stomping ground for someone like me and my children.  Once we reached that area  I felt an urge to pull over on the side of the road.  It was a spot that I hadn't explored yet.

There was a trail leading up into the woods.  It went up a hill.  At the top of the hill we found a pretty small old cemetery.  The stones were dated in the early to mid 1800's.  We explored the different stones for about 15 minutes.  The path up the middle of this little cemetery just jumped out at me.  If you notice it goes right up into the woods.


I couldn't help but notice the trees around the cemetery.  Almost all of them were completely black in color.  Just beautiful to see.



We wandered through the trees a bit and made our way up this hill.  At the top of the hill we came to a trail down into the woods.  Along the length of the trail there was a stone wall.  I have always loved stone wall.  I love looking into the woods to see how the land use to be and what use to be there.  This area looked to be old farmland as the trees were all quite similar in size.  I brought a bag for my son and we had a ball picking out pine cones and acorns and beautiful rocks along the way.  My son absolutely love rocks.  All kinds.  They fascinate him and we can sit in areas for hours just looking at them.  He especially loves the micah that we find around here.


We continued up the trail and noticed a bend in the road up ahead.  My son was excited to see what was around the corner.  When we got there we were rewarded by a stream running across the road. 

It ran down through the woods on one side and went down into a pretty little waterfall on the other side. 
We sat there for quite some time throwing little stones in the water and just listening to the wind in the trees.  I am blessed to have children that love the woods as much as I do.  They can easily stay out there most of the day.  Nature is a huge playground for them.  

Hope you enjoyed the photos! :)

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong





3 comments:

  1. wonderful photos and a great post. my husband and i are the same way, it is so nice to just get out and away from everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Meet :)) thank you so much for stopping by :)) the woods really are my place to get away. They are just so relaxing for me. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so divine!!
    We like to get away to nature when we can too..
    Thank you for sharing your story and lovely pics..
    Brightest Blessings to you and your family )O(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.