Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Once Upon A Time....

Merry Meet,

Once upon a time.... there was a curse that fell over all the characters from your favorite fairy tales.  They are all in StoryBrooke Maine and have forgotten who they once were.  The evil queen from Snow White has cast a curse over all of them and this series highlights the journey between Snow White and Prince Charming's daughter and her son trying to remove the curse.

When I first saw the previews for it I was captivated by the scenery in the previews.   The scenes are just gorgeous.  I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy a series based on fairy tale characters.  I have now watched the first three episodes and I am hooked! lol

It's nice to sit down to a television show that's based on some fairy tales and a bit of magick.  The series is really well done and all three episodes held my interest.  It's definitely a series that you will want to watch in order though as it's more like an extended movie.  The story jumps back and forth between the story of Snow White and the evil queen in the fairy tales and modern time in StoryBrooke Maine.  They've been very clever in finding ways to portray the characters like Jiminy Cricket, Rumpelstilskin, Snow White, Prince Charming, the Evil Queen and so many more into modern day characters.  The little boy in the story in Maine is the one trying to save them all from the curse and it's enjoyable to watch him convince the adults around him of the magick of fairy tales, especially his Mom.

So for those of you who enjoyed fairy tales when you were little, and were able to believe that magic existed all around you, I think you may find this series a nice reminder of what it's like to believe.  If you get the chance to watch it I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  You can catch the latest episode on the series website here:  http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong



1 comment:

  1. I'm also really enjoying this show also. I'm anxious for it every week.

    If you love adaptations of Fairy Tales and like a visual format check out a comic called Fables. It's great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.