Monday, December 5, 2011

Well you're quite the little Medical Intuitive now aren't you....

"A medical intuitive is an alternative medicine practitioner who uses their self described intuitive abilities to find the cause of a physical or emotional condition. " - Wikipedia

Merry Meet,

"Well now you're quite the little medical intuitive now aren't you", he said as he watched for a reaction from me.  I didn't say much, but swallowed and stared back at him.  This was the scene in the genetic counselor's office this morning as I was getting ready to have blood drawn for DNA assessment.

Confused? Let me back up a bit. :)  For as long as I can remember my mother has had very large cysts on both of her kidneys.  She has been diagnosed by a nephrologist (doctor specializing in the kidneys) as having polycistic kidney disease.  Polycystic kidney disease is a kidney disorder passed down through families in which many cysts form in the kidneys, causing them to become enlarged.  Not a diagnosis you want to have.  In any event.  They diagnosed us (yes, I've been diagnosed as well) after I had complications with my daughter's birth resulting from a very very large cyst on my kidney.

I'm not much into being labeled with long term diseases, and if I honestly sat down and listed everything I've been diagnosed with throughout the years I could write a book, so I wasn't much for accepting this diagnosis and being labeled with it without some sort of concrete proof. One of the problems with polycystic kidney disease is there is no concrete test, unless you have a DNA test done, a test that is extremely difficult to get insurance companies to cover.

Polycystic kidney disease is genetic, but supposedly you are suppose to have bilateral cysts, (cysts on each kidney) and high blood pressure.  Two red banner symptoms.  I have them on one side, and am actually the opposite I have low blood pressure.  However it is genetic.  Thus has been my argument for why I do not have it.  Sounds logical enough but I have been disagreed with many times by many doctors.

Where this gets tricky is that my mother has been fighting this "disorder" for years, in that she has very high blood pressure and has been getting prescribed various medications in order to lower her blood pressure as a result of this kidney disease.  It's pretty much been nonresponsive.

"So my issue is this, I don't feel I have it, I'm pretty positive my mother doesn't have it, and I actually feel like she has a different condition which is causing her blood pressure to spike.  I want this DNA test to prove that we do not have polycystic kidney disease so that they find the other condition that is causing my mother's blood pressure to spike." I told the doctor.  My parent's insurance isn't brilliant and they are fighting her on covering the test but mine will cover it so here I am.

He looked at me, and that's when he called me a medical intuitive.  (If he only knew how true that was with me) but I wasn't about to say that out loud.  After sitting in his office for over an hour he tells me that he agrees with me.  I about fell off my chair.  He does not believe we have polycystic kidney disease.  Not only that but he isn't going to run the DNA test for it.... I got ready to argue again why I wanted this test to prove I didn't have it.  But in that pause he filled it in with because I believe based on everything you've told me that you and your mother have Von-Hippel-Lindau Syndrome and that a cyst on her adrenal glands is causing her high blood pressure and can be fixed by a different medication.  Hence why the medication she's on isn't working. "I think it's about time you both got some answers and a proper diagnosis" he tells me.

So the DNA test is being done.  I will find out in one month if we have this Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome.  I am going in with my mother to get the results in January as the results will diagnose both of us at the same time as it's a DNA test. If I get diagnosed positive I will have a very hard time getting life insurance but he assures me that it's a manageable condition.  I'm not worried about it.  I'm happy that my mother hopefully will have the answers that will help her health and make her comfortable again.  And also hoping that this test will confirm what I've felt all along.

I'm not a doctor.  I don't have the medical terminology, but I can see and feel energy.  When I scan a body with my hands I will sense hot and cold that helps me to determine where and what type of injuries or sicknesses are there.  I also can see energy.  I don't know how to even begin describing that but we'll call it a color coded map of the body in my mind? I know that it's accurate as I've tested it out many times. It definitely has increased since I got my Reiki attunement and started working with Reiki more.  Throw in my ability to feel what other's feel as an empath and it helps tremendously.  I will be surprised if this test doesn't come back positive.  But even if it doesn't I have a doctor who is willing to listen to me and look in the areas that I'm suggesting which is huge to me.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you found a doctor who was willing to listen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.