Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back to Basics

Merry Meet :)))

I've been blessed this winter here in Massachusetts as our winter has been sprinkled with some warmer days in between.  The other day it was fifty degrees outside and I made a decision to use the majority of the day to get back to basics.  My son has preschool in the afternoon so right when I dropped him off at school I decided to go for a long walk around my hometown.  I used the camera on my phone to take pictures of some of the historic buildings in my town and a couple other things that caught my fancy along the route.  It just felt amazing to get outside without it being biting cold and take a walk around looking at everything.  I tried to envision my town as if I was seeing it for the first time.  It's amazing how different everything looks when you just shift your perspective.

When it was time, I made my way back to the car and picked up my son from preschool.  I had gotten a large spiral ham from the grocery store the other day.  Fabulous deal! I got a 10 pound ham for under twenty dollars. :)))  So my son and I came home and scrubbed some potatoes to go with the ham and popped it in the oven.  We then went outside to have a fire. :)))

We spent the next almost four hours outside working on our fire.  I don't have a stock of firewood yet, although I'm hoping to get one going this year.  So we mosied around the yard taking dead branches off the tree as the majority of my yard still has a blanket of snow on it.  My daughter was home too by this point and it was quite the sight to see my children climbing trees in their snowsuits. We have a grove of trees in the back corner of our property and we've been cleaning it up to make a "fort" for them.  The little river in my backyard runs by it and it's becoming a very pretty spot to lounge in the yard. I know it's one we will love during the hot summer days.

Around 6:30 it was finally really dark outside and we were all tired and hungry.  When we came inside it was amazing to smell the ham baking in the oven.  It was a smoked ham so the smoked sugary smell just filled my entire house.  Between that and the way we all smelled from being around the fire it was definitely a delight to the nose.

After dinner we all went outside into the jaccuzzi.  It's an older one, over 10 years old but it's still working.  Unfortunately there were lots of clouds so we weren't able to see the stars that night but it was still amazing.

When we came back in and I got dressed I walked into the kitchen and stopped in my tracks.   There on the floor in the middle of the kitchen was a sillyband that looked like an angel.  Now this might not seem a very big deal but we had all been in the kitchen on and off for the last hour and that silly band was not there.  The floor was clean.  The band was perfectly straight, right where I would see it as if it was waiting for me.  The first thing I did was question both my children and they both said it wasn't theirs and they hadn't put it there.  I can usually tell when they are lying.  So I took it as a sign.  Often times when I actually slow down, get back to basics and spend time in nature, or do something else that I feel I was intended too I will get a sign.

It was the perfect touch to the end of my day.  Just an amazing day to be able to have in the middle of winter. :)))))) I always feel relaxed when I get back to basics.

I've also been doing a lot of work with meditations and working on letting go and just trusting in the universe that I will be taken care of.  Financial issues are huge for me as I am rebuilding a business for myself.  I found it interesting that the day I wasn't on the computer obsessing about if I was going to ever be able to replace my income my profits tripled.  Not that it was a ton of income but a significant shift on a day I wasn't at my computer.  Coincidence? or reward because I let go and trusted that day.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.