Sunday, March 4, 2012

Egyptian Influences On My Path

original graphic by hybridgothica
Merry Meet,

This weeks Pagan Blog Project assignment is a topic starting with the letter "E".  I decided to write about Egyptian influences on my path.  While I was trying to think of a topic for this week the word Egyptology kept coming into my head.  Really, I should be writing about empaths this week.  No, no this word keeps bouncing in my head so here I go.   "Egyptology (from Egypt and Greek -λογία, -logia. Arabic: علم المصريات‎) is the study of ancient Egyptian history,language, literature, religion, and art from the 5th millennium BC until the end of its native religious practices in the AD 4th century. A practitioner of the discipline is an “Egyptologist”. In Europe, particularly on the Continent, Egyptology is primarily regarded as being a philological discipline, while in North America it is often regarded as a branch of archaeology."  (Wikipedia)

For as long as I can remember I always remember being fascinated by Egypt.  Although I imagine a lot of people are.  I was always excited when we started a section studying Egypt and can remember being absolutely fascinated whenever I worked with anything from there. One of my earlier memories was an assignment to build a pyramid for a social studies class.  I worked in a group and spent a long time building this pyramid.  We built a base out of wood in the shape of a pyramid that looked as if it had been sliced in half.  We then proceeded to paint it and add individual rooms with details to the pyramid.  I was completely enthralled by the project.  I remember being the one to provide recommendations for the majority of the project, and to correct things that I thought didn't belong.  It was one of my first experiences really working with this sort of thing yet I seemed to already be familiar if that makes sense.

I was a frequent flyer at our library as well and often looked at books about Egypt, the pyramids, the Gods and Goddesses and myths and legends from there.  There was a definite draw for me to the culture.  I remember class trips to the museums and actually getting in trouble for staying in the Egyptian section for too long as I was busy perusing all the different artifacts available while my friends were off giggling and looking for the next section. It was there that I saw my first mummy in person as well.  While my friends for the most part were less then thrilled, I was amazed at the feelings that came over me as I looked at it.  I couldn't shake the feeling that it was all familiar to me somehow? Every time something comes on the history channel on tv or one of those stations I always feel compelled to watch it.

Fast forward to several years later when I joined Sacred Mists.  I saw a lot of discussion about patron Goddesses and I was curious who mine was.  I participated in a meditation to try and find mine.  I had no immediate results but I will forever remember the dream I had that night.  As I drifted in the early stages of sleep that night, I was taken to a scene in Egypt where Isis sat in a chair.  I was half kneeling half sitting at her feet and remember the feeling I felt as she looked down at me.  I knew who she was.  She spoke her name.  I know there was a conversation but I can't remember much of it today.  I do remember the emotion.  It was the most amazing sense of love and empowerment.  I knew that she would be working with me.  I knew she had been working with me.  She was quite familiar to me.  I still work with her to this day.

The other thing I found interesting is I've had a few past life type readings done, tarot, astrological, and regression and Egypt comes up in almost every one.  I do believe in reincarnation and I believe that some of the things you are attracted to in this life may in face mirror past lives.  That has been what I've found with my past life readings.  Egypt was just one of the areas that I found this with.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong



1 comment:

  1. Merry Meet, Jasmeine! I am fairly new to your blog, just a few months in. I am really enjoying the information you're presenting and the daily messages have become one of the first things I read every morning. So thanks:-)

    Specifically about this post, I am curious about a meditation to meet your patron goddess. I have had a few experiences upon waking up where I can hear a female voice call my name. One time she even said, "Dawn, she's waiting for you." Soooo, I'm taking that as a signal it's time to seek her out. But how do I find out who she is?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.