Saturday, March 24, 2012

Finding Beauty and Magick in Nature and the Simple Things

Merry Meet :))

This weeks post for the Pagan Blog Project is to start with the letter F.  I chose to write about finding beauty and magick in nature and the simple things. Spring has sprung, and early this year.  I'm not sure if it's just me, but the colors are absolutely amazing. It seems as if everything is blooming all at once.  Where I had snow on my ground just two weeks ago, the weather has been in the upper 70's where I am and the pinks, purples and bright greens of the earth coming alive are all around me.

The animals are also making their presence known.  I have been able to work outside the past few days and have been met by choruses of the birds, and watching the chipmunks and squirrels scurrying about.  It's like waking up to a beautiful nature show in my back yard every day and for that I am thankful.  I have taken some time to bring a blanket up to the field behind my house and just listen to the sounds all around me, and I must confess I laid there just looking at the grass the other day.  Watching the little tiny bugs troop around and just marveling at how green it was.  Sounds so simple but amazing what happens when you just sit, watch and listen.

I wanted to share with you a couple of pictures from the last couple of days. :)  I have a bird feeder right at the edge of my deck.  When I sit on the deck they are right next to me and they have just been amazing this year.  It's as if they aren't even afraid of me.  They fly up to get food and most will sit and look at me instead of being startled when they realize that I am there.  The picture above, is of a bird who spent a good deal of time with me yesterday.  I was surprised how long he stayed.  It was almost as if he was trying to talk to me.  He sat right on top of the feeder and was chattering to me while looking right at me.  He was beautiful.  He even allowed me to take a few pictures of him.  This one I thought was the best.   You can see the blooming Willow tree in my back yard as well in this picture. :)))


You have to look a little closer, but this little guy was staring at me when I came home the other day.  I had just come back from dropping my son off at preschool and came around the corner of my truck to find him staring at me. :)))) He stayed there for a few moments holding perfectly still and I was able to get a couple of pictures of him.  I tried to move a bit closer and he scurried down the drain pipe that he's standing next to. I see him as well every day.  He does the cutest jump onto the bird feeder as it's a bit far from the deck, and then jumps down to the ground bringing a feast back to his nest. 

The last pic is of my son's kite that he spent a lot of time yesterday flying.  I can't even begin to describe how magickal it is to hear a four year old laughing and watch him running about with a kite in the air.  Add in the birds and all the beautiful colors and it just made for a perfect snapshot in time.  I love when my children play outside and have so much fun with the simple things. 

I have also noticed that when taking pictures I tend to slow down more and notice the little things more around me.  It's amazing how beautiful something simple as a blade of grass can become.  I spent almost an hour in a garden shop last night taking tons of pictures to make graphics with in the future.  It's amazing the magick I found when I slowed down and looked through that camera at different angles.  The picture at the top is one of those pictures from last night. :))

So I would encourage you to take the time to lay in the grass and just listen and look around you. :))) If you have a camera, give it a try! Go out and see if you can capture the colors of spring coming around you.  I know time is precious, but it's amazing how it makes time for itself even in the busiest of schedules if you let it.  I hope you all have a beautiful magickal day. 

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.