Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gratitude Rocks



"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."   -  Melody Beattie


Merry Meet :)))

I've been doing a lot of work with the book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, and her new book The Magic. If you've not had the opportunity to read them I highly recommend both.  One of the principles that was suggested was a gratitude rock and I absolutely love it.

It's a very simple thing to do.  Find a rock or a gemstone that you wish to have with you.  The rock in the picture is mine.  It was given to me by my son who's four. I've had it on my alter for awhile but never really had a purpose for it until now.  It's now my gratitude rock.  I keep it with me all the time, next to me when I'm working or in my pocket when I go out.  Whenever I reach into my pocket and feel it, and when I see it throughout the day I make a point to pause for a moment and think of something I'm grateful for.  By doing this not only am I aware of the basic things I'm grateful for like family and love but the little things as well, the music playing on my computer, the rain falling softly outside, the scent of a candle burning in my house and so on.

"Great, so I have this rock now what in the world is this suppose to do?" You're asking me.  It works on the fundamentals of the Law of Attraction.  The law of attraction is a metaphysical principle that quite simply means like attracts like.  I've been doing a lot and I mean a lot of work with it in the last few months and I can tell you that it does indeed work.  So while being thankful for all the little things in your life, it reinforces your positive attitude and beliefs, sends a message to the universe that you're grateful for the gifts you've been given and will attract more.

Now I showed it in the picture next to my quartz crystal.  That quartz crystal has been with me for a few years now.  I absolutely love it.  That I carry with me all the time as well.  I use that for grounding, meditating, storing energy and so many other things.  So if I get stressed during the day I will ground with my crystal, and now I have my rock next to it that I will pick up and refocus my energy to what I am thankful for and away from whatever negative might be happening at that point in time.

Now if I could just find a rock that would quiet down two screaming children..... :P

So I get a lot of emails asking me how to get through tough times.  While little things like this won't cure everything they are most definitely a step in the right direction and every little thing you do to honor your life here on Earth and the energy of the universe will help make your path a little easier.  So I invite you to join me and choose a rock or a gemstone. :))))  Let me know how it works for you! As always I am a visual gal.  I love love love pictures.  So if you want to send me a picture of your rock I would love to see it!! WiccanMoonsong@gmail.com

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

This post is for this weeks Pagan Blog Project - Letter G

4 comments:

  1. Great idea Priestess,, for sure something that I will do,, I have a few stones that I have in mind for that <3 blessed be <3 with love and light <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A patience rock would help too

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love u ....i want to be a follower ....i want to be a part of ur spells

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.