Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trip to the Zoo :)))




Merry Meet,

My children are on school vacation all this week, so yesterday we took the day and went to the Bronx Zoo in New York.  The Bronx Zoo is hugeeeee.  It's 256 acres.  We got there right at 10:00 in the morning and didn't leave till they closed at 5:00.  We walked a pretty good pace the entire time and barely saw everything.  My children loved it as this was their first trip to a zoo bigger then a backyard type zoo.  I love animals so was right at home.  One thing I did notice though was my connection with a couple of animals.


I was walking through the jungle area and I started going through one of the rooms when he caught my eye.  He was just laying there sleeping on top of the tree.  I sat there and stared for a moment and then he opened his eyes.  It was actually quiet in the area I was in.  Almost too quiet, we were actually the only ones in the room.  He turned towards me and locked eyes with me.  Have you ever had an animal stare into your soul? I've always had a special bond with animals but wow.  Just absolutely amazing.  I will be researching more about panthers as totem animals today.  I do know they represent strength and courage.  It was just one of those moments.  It was like time froze for me for a few minutes with him.  Definitely my favorite part of the experience. 




The other animal I really connected with was the Owl. There were three of them, but there was one on the side that I was drawn to. He was under a children't treehouse climbing area.  I actually climbed up on a bench and held onto the tree to get a better look at him! lol  As I said I was drawn to him. lol  He had locked eyes on me before I even got to him.  The energy on the owl was completely different.  I was surprised at how intense he was! I always pictured owls to be wise, but I guess more quiet, or not likely to engage? He felt very strong to me! I mean very strong.  I have no doubt this owl would take on whoever. That's the best I can describe it.  His eyes were huge and wide.  And he kept making this sort of hissing noise at me.  In any event I was with him for a little while! :)))) 

The following are a few other pics of my favorites. :)) I hope you enjoy!

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong









3 comments:

  1. Missy Thompson WHSApril 18, 2012 at 9:51 AM

    LOVE those pics I have had similar experiences like with your panther. Its great )O( BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are BEAUTIFUL Preistess! The biggest Zoo close to us is not as big. But it takes all day to get through. Sounds like a wonderous and wonderful day! <3 Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pictures Jasemine thank you for sharing with us !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.