Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chive Blossom Vinegar




Chive Blossom Vinegar


Merry Meet :)) Chives are definitely one of my favorite herbs in my garden. I use them for cooking all the time. They have these beautiful purple flowers that I was looking for something to do with the other day. I found this recipe to make Chive Blossom Vinegar and I thought you would enjoy it. Not only does it make an amazing vinegar for your salads and such but it looks really pretty as well. :))) As it sits, the vinegar will turn pink. :))  I just finished having my children help me make the one in the picture above. :))))

What You Need
- Mason Jar
- White Vinegar
- Chive Blossoms

Fill the jar about 3/4 of the way with Chive Blossoms. Make sure you rinse the blossoms in cold water to get off any dirt or bugs. Remove the green stems and try to use mainly flowers that are opened fully. Fill the jar with white distilled vinegar. Let it set for 2 - 3 weeks. :)))

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love this idea! Something my kids can make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so beautiful and i want to try so thanks for sharing!and blessed be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try this out this weekend - now that my veggie garden is done except for the mulching..... Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.