Friday, May 25, 2012

Gratitude Journal

original graphic by Lauraest


Gratitude Journal

Merry Meet :))) One of the things I've been working with a lot this year, is the Law of Attraction. Basically it's that like attracts like, so whatever you think, feel, believe, is what will be drawn to you. So for instance if you are thinking that you have the worst luck ever, that's what's going to happen. Ever had a bad morning and had the entire day spiral out of control before you knew it? That's because of the Law of Attraction.

When you are in sync with the Energy of Source, which is the Energy of Well-being, 
Well-being is your experience.
And when you're not you don't feel so good.
Everything that you're living is a perfect replica of the vibration of your being.

--- Abraham


I thought the quote above did a really nice job of summing it up. One piece of the law of attraction that I've been working with is being thankful. I did a piece in my blog called "Gratitude Rocks" that is about choosing a stone and keeping it on you, and each time you touch it thinking of something you're thankful for. If you want to read it you can check it out here:

http://wiccanmoonsong.blogspot.com/2012/03/gratitude-rocks.html


Another idea that I love and have been doing personally for over a year now, is having a gratitude journal. It really has done a lot to change in how I look at things. Now while I must confess I'm not as perfect at doing it every day as I would like to be, I cannot deny the power something so simple has. I purchased an iphone app called My Little Gratitude Journal. The principal behind it is each day you write down 5 things that you are grateful for, you can even put a picture with it if you like. Here's a video demo for the app that I'm using.

http://vimeo.com/11166869

It's currently .99 cents on iTunes. Now if you don't have an iphone that's ok! :))) You can do the same thing in a simple notebook, on your computer, stickies on your fridge, wherever and however you would like to do it. The important thing is to do it. It really makes you start paying attention to all those little things. Of course you'll get out of it what you put in. If you list the same 5 things every day, then it won't be as much of a benefit? Each day really look for 5 different things to be thankful for and you will be amazed. What I've started doing the last week is each night as I'm falling asleep I will thank the Goddess for all the blessings in my life. It's funny, it's something I use to do when I was little. I actually use to pray every night and give thanks. Not because anybody told me to but simply because that was what felt right to me. Over the past few years it's gone from God to the Lord & Lady, universal energies and my guides. I extended my list. You can send it up to whoever you're closest to. Whatever you are most comfy with the point is just to try it.

What I thought was really profound was something that happened to me this afternoon. I was outside with my 4 year old little boy and he said the following, " "Mommy, you have to remember to say thank you for everything." Then he went on to tell me to say thank you for the plants, the clouds, the water, the grass. My heart just filled with love and joy. A really nice affirmation for me that what I'm doing does indeed matter.

So what are you thankful for? :))) <3

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

1 comment:

  1. Blessed Jasmine,
    I must admit that this article brought me to tears as i read it!!! to some degree i am a very emotional person. for the past 15 to 20 years i have been a pissed off aggressive person, which is one of the many reasons i enjoy the path im on now!!! now, im not much of a "journal" person, but as i drive a truck over the road, i see soooo many things im thankful for and feel blessed to witness. and its ironic to read this article as just last week i felt compelled to start acknowleging the Goddess and God for allowing me to be present and witness to it all!!! JUst wanted to thank you for this article!!!
    BLESSED BE!!! )O(
    Brian Edwards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.