|original graphic by: Derek Brewster|
Merry Meet :))
In my travels I came across the following article by Glenn Smith about being a sensitive. I know a lot of you who read Wiccan Moonsong are sensitives so I wanted to pass this along to you.
Love and Blessings,
Ten Things a Highly Sensitive Person Needs To Be Successful
By Glenn Smith
1. What happened to you when you were young was a learning experience that proved to you how much you could handle. When you feel overwhelmed with what life is handing you now, remember that you are strong. Your sensitive body can withstand a lot.
2. Listening to your body will grant you the wisdom of cause and effect. Your sensitive body will instruct you when you have made wrong choices and also right choices. How often now does your body react negatively to the choices you have made?
3. The thoughts you have about hurting the people who have harmed you bring more of the same into your life. Your mind is very powerful. It will create what you think about. Keep your thoughts on the positive. Have your mind work for you not against you.
4. The beliefs you have about yourself will determine how high you can fly. Monitor your self-talk to determine what your beliefs are. Change your beliefs about yourself and your abilities to the positive. Nothing is out of reach if you believe it to be so.
5. When you have emotional overwhelm it seems like you can't handle anymore. Yet every time it happens you do. Your sensitive emotions are being exercised to be able to handle more. With practice you will be able to hold all and more in your space.
6. The key to feel stable with your emotions is to be secure. The feeling of security to a sensitive person is like the need for water. With out it you would surely shrivel up and die. If you did not have a lot of security growing up, ask yourself what you need to feel it now.
7. You have the ability to sense the underlying energies of others. This is why it is so easy to be overwhelmed by what you see and hear. This is an amazing gift that will give you a huge advantage over normal people. Once you learn to control it you will soar.
8. You have a special connection to the spirit world. Although everyone can access a higher power, you can communicate with it. You are gifted with this ability for a very good reason. Listen well to the subtle clues that spirit speaks to you. It will be healing for you.
9. Remember that there is no such thing as mistakes. They are simply learning experiences and so necessary. You are here to learn and without mistakes you would not learn anything. Embrace them and enjoy them for what they are. You grow with each experience.
10. As a sensitive person you are uniquely gifted to contribute to humanity. It has been written that, "The Meek Shall inherit The Earth." As a highly sensitive person you are the meek. You are very powerful and have a big role to play. It is time to get the party started.
Give expression to your Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual self and you will find success as a sensitive person.
Glenn M. Smith is the author of Lotus Petal, A Parable to Help You to Overcome The Fear of Death. http://lotuspetalbook.com His site http://sensitiveselfhelp.com provides resources to help overwhelmed highly sensitive people not only survive but thrive in this world.