Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Calming Rainbow



Merry Meet, :))

We all get those days, the days where nothing seems to go right.  Yesterday was one of those days for me.  It seemed that no matter what I did I hit some sort of obstacle.  I can't tell you how many times I tried to ground and center yesterday to turn it around.  It was just one of those days.

Looking back at it now, nothing was really that out of control, it was just the general mood of the day.  It started in the morning with finding out that I couldn't use my jeep which I had been planning to use to spend the day at the lake with.  The jeep has been a sort of freedom for me the last few days.  I've been in it constantly.  There is nothing quite like all that air and being able to drive around for me.  I just love it.  But it needs to be repaired.  So alas, no lake, no jeep and we had to stay home all day with the temps nearing 100.

My children wanted to stay outside all day regardless of the temp so I sat outside dripping with sweat pretty much all day.  I can get a wee bit cranky when I'm that overheated *blushes* My eldest child seemed to have forgotten where her ears were yesterday and I spent most of it disciplining and trying to keep the neighborhood children in line.  Like I said nothing that was terribly difficult or bad, I just couldn't seem to shake the mood I had and I was frustrated with myself for being grumpy. lol :))))

Last night I was trying to work on Wiccan Moonsong a bit and after being interrupted for probably the 1,000th time in a row that day I had enough.  (It was one of those days where I literally didn't have 2 minutes in a row to myself.)  So I shut down the computer and called it a loss for the day.  I jumped into my other vehicle and decided to go down and get a video to watch after the kids went to bed.

As soon as I was in the car the air hit my face and I started feeling a bit better.  I was still mad at myself for not being able to control my day.  I got my video from inside the grocery store and came back out.  When i got into the car I saw the most amazing rainbow appear in front of me.  Literally, right before my eyes.  I sat there for about 10 minutes just watching it.  I sat there and watched it fade away again.  Even though I had struggled yesterday, I knew it was ok.  We all have those days.  None of us can have perfect days all the time, for then there would be nothing to learn while we are here.  I breathed a huge sigh of relief and that calm I'd been searching for all day finally washed over me.  With a smile on my face I went home to watch my movie and show my children the picture of the rainbow I had seen. :)))))

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

(the picture above is the one I took. The rainbow is a bit faint in the picture but you can still see it. :) I didn't want to photoshop it in any way as it just didn't look right when I tried to.)

1 comment:

  1. I loved your story as it sounds very similar to many of my own days. I'm glad you saw your rainbow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.