Thursday, June 28, 2012

Star Light, Star Bright




Star Light,  Star Bright



"Star light, Star bright,
First Star I see tonight,
I wish I may I wish I might,
Have this wish I wish tonight"

How many of us know this? :)))))) Uh huh I thought so.  Did it ever occur to you that it's a spell? Hmmmmm.... Yes, yes it is lol :)))) You are sending your intentions to the universe when you wish upon that star. Back in ancient Pagan times, this is indeed a spell that they would have practiced, or at least very similar to what they would have done.  While they may not have had this rhyme, it's unsure where it originated so as catchy as it is, I believe it's possible.

So yes, I'm not ashamed to admit that this is a spell I use very often, and one that I was perfectly comfy teaching to my children.  I love when they show me the first star and get all excited closing their eyes and making that wish. :))) Of course you know you can't say your wish out loud when in the presence of others, as that could lessen the magick of it.  Hmmmm... does that sound familiar? As Wiccan's we are taught not to tell anyone of the magick that we are working so that it may reach it's full intention.  The reason for that is if people know what you are doing they could lend their energy to it and it may not help.  A perfect example of this is a healing spell, if the person doesn't believe you can actually heal them then it may disrupt the energy getting to them.

In any event :)) I thought it was really cool to look at this rhyme this way.  So make sure when you see that start tonight you stop and take a moment to send the universe your wish. <3


Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

10 comments:

  1. Yep I have thought of it. I think its a great spell to teach children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmeine. who would of thought that all these years I was doing a spell.. I guess that would be the same as Twinkle Twinkle little star how I wish upon that star.. I guess that is one as well. All this time when we grow up we were being taught spells and our Parents did not even know that we are doing spells. that is very interesting.. Thank you.. you and your family have a great day.. Blessed Be.. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. So after I do this spell do I have to go to bed after I casted this wish spell? Cause this first time I cast this spell I read that you have to go to bed right after you casted it. And this is a spell to teach your children and some other people too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Meet sweetie :))) You don't have to go to bed after you cast the spell. :)))) You can stay up. :))

      Much Love and Many Blessings,

      Jasmeine Moonsong

      Delete
    2. So what moon phase new, full, Waxing, Waneing, first, Last? What hour or right when I see the first star? How short or how long do the wish have to been or can it be either? Can I cast it three times to give that one wish more magic charge to that wish, and can I wear something to help me cast this spell? I'm sorry I am asking you so many questions.

      Delete
    3. Merry Meet sweetie :)))) You can do this during any Moon phase it's your intention that matters. :))) You can definitely cast it three times if you want and if you want to dress up you can definitely do so :)) Anything that you want to add to contribute to the energy is fine :))))) It will add to the energy :)))

      Much Love and Many Blessings,

      Jasmeine Moonsong

      Delete
  4. How should I start my wish off when I do it?
    Like this I wish for
    Or like this I wish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Meet sweetie :))) Spells are more about the energy you raise during them and the intention that you put into them. While the words can matter if you pour your heart and soul into a spell and believe that it will work it will. :))) You can recite the spell above and then just say I wish for xyz. I hope this helps! :)))

      Much Love and Many Blessings,

      Jasmeine Moonsong

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.