Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fawn

original photo by Escape the Fate


Merry Meet :)))

The other day I found myself with a bit of free time.  My daughter was at camp, and my son, was up spending the night at my mother's house.  I jumped in the jeep and set out to go exploring some old back roads.

I found a road called Lost Acres Road.  The name alone had me intrigued.  It was a really old road that you could just feel the energy of those before us as you drove down it.  It was beautiful.  It was through a heavily wooded area, and stone walls ran along much of the road.  I came upon a spot that I felt compelled to stop.  At the entrance to the old road was a really old oak tree that had definitely seen better days.  I hiked a bit through the woods following the old stone walls and found a couple old cellar holes.  I found myself wishing I had worn sneakers instead of flip-flops and remembered my bug spray! lol  I intend to go back up there one day.  

On my way back down the road, I noticed a shadow out of the corner of my eye down a side dirt road. I instantly stopped the jeep and cut the engine as I thought it was a deer.  Right when I did, this fawn who could barely walk came scrambling out into the road behind the jeep.  If you've ever seen a baby calf stand for the first time with it's legs all but coming out from under him in each direction, that's how this fawn looked.  It tipped it's head and looked at me curiously as if wondering what I was.  He was so cute!!!!  He was barely bigger then my golden retriever Max in size. I was trying to get a picture, but unfortunately a car came down the road and the baby stumbled back into the woods.

Still determined to get a picture I got slowly out of the jeep and walked as quietly as I could back toward the path.  While they were too far for my iphone camera to pick up the sight just made me smile.  The baby was walking right next to it's Mom, slowly down the path.  I just sat there and watched them walk back into the woods mesmerized by the scene in front of me.  It was a beautiful sight to see. :)))

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.