Make A Lavender Eye Pillow
Lavender is one of my favorite scents. It's just so soothing and magickal to work with. One thing I love is a lavender eye pillow. It's something you can rest on your eyes as you are meditating or falling asleep. It's smell will help calm you and promote a sense of tranquilitly. They are really easy to make as well. :)))
What You Will Need:
- silky fabric
- muslin cloth
- chamomile (optional)
- lavender essential oil
1. Cut a piece of fabric out of the silk about a square foot long, or the appropriate length for the pillow that you desire.
2. Fold the fabric inside out and stitch together the sides and the bottom to make a pillowcase leaving the top open.
3. Repeat the process with the muslin cloth, the muslin cloth pouch should be slightly smaller then the silk pouch.
4. Turn the pillow case right side out and the muslin cloth case as well.
5. Mix the flax seed with the lavender in a bowl.
6. Mix in the chamomile if you have chosen to use that.
7. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the mix.
8. Stuff the mixture into the muslin cloth leaving room at the top to stitch it closed.
9. Sew the top of the muslin cloth together making the first layer of the pillow
10. Insert the muslin pillow into the satin pillow case
11. Sew the top of the pillow case closed.
You can use it warm or cold if you wish as well. To chill it try placing it in your refridgerator for awhile before use. For warmth you can microwave it for a few seconds. Please don't overheat! My little eye pack I usually do about 30 seconds. Once I take it out I shake it to distribute the heat evenly.
Love and Blessings,