Friday, August 31, 2012

Blue Moon

**original graphic by Boodie**



Blue Moon

Merry Meet :))) Tonight is the night of the Full Blue Moon. :)))) How many of you know what a Blue Moon is? A full lunar cycle is 28 days. Most of our years have 12 full moons in them. One that corresponds to each month. However due to the lunar cycle being shorter then most of our calender months every couple of years we will have an extra full moon in that year, or 13 moons. This Moon is referred to as the Blue Moon. Farmers’ Almanac definition of a blue moon is the third full moon in a season with four full moons. The next time this will occur is on July 31, 2015.

While I would love the Moon to appear blue in color, it's actually just the name of it. :))) There are however, occasions where the Moon will appear blue in color. This would be caused by sky particles or conditions in the sky. This is different then tonight's moon.

While I don't follow any specific guidelines in my personal path at this time for blue moons, it's still a very magickal night for me. As always on a full moon, psychic powers and energy is heightened. Think of tonight as a universal magickal bonus. :))) We have an extra full moon this month in which to do our workings. It's a perfect night to do any magick that you have been waiting for the full moon to do. On this night I will cleanse and recharge my jewelry and gemstones that I use. I will also cleanse and consecrate my tools. As it's a rare full moon, I definitely am doing a more complete working tonight of tending to all my magickal items. Being that the Moon is in Pisces tonight the focus will be on our intuition. For those of you who wish to develop your intuition, tonight is really the perfect night for bringing that magick to you.

Enjoy!

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.