Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Willow Tree Spell

photo by: Alyxandre



Willow Tree Spell


Willow trees are magickal trees known for their assistance in magick, healing and inner vision. I'm blessed to have a beautiful one in my yard. Have you ever taken the time to lay underneath one? For me, their energy is just incredible. It's as if the branches float gently above me whisking away any worries and cares that I might have. This page is a wonderful page about the willow tree that you may find interesting: http://www.thegoddesstree.com/trees/Willow.htm

One of the things I love to do with the willow tree is make wreaths for my house. I'm waiting for the rest of my herbs to come up, namely my lavender, to make one for this year. Most of you will have a favorite place to meditate and I would encourage you to make one of these to assist you. When it is done you can hang it in the area that you meditate in and it will help you to stay grounded and open to your intuition.


Find a willow tree and choose three lower branches that are thick enough for a wreath but sturdy enough to braid together. Make sure to ask the tree permission and inform it of your intent before you take them. :)

The first branch represents magick, the second healing, and the third inner vision. As you braid the branches together focus your intent on those three things and weaving them together so that they will work together in harmony. Say the following as you start braiding the branches.

"Willow tree, wise and strong,
grace me with your loving energy and song,

grant your energy to these branches and widom,
so they may assist me with my visions,

I ask you to work with me
on this day


So Mote It Be"


When you are done be sure to thank the willow tree for lending you it's branches and energy. Place the wreath where you want the assistance. I hang mine on my wall behind my work space as that's where I write, do my art, and meditate. :)) The braid makes a wonderful way to tuck flowers into it throughout the season. When the flowers die you can replace them with new ones. The leaves will dry in a few weeks and usually brush off pretty easy. During the summer you can tuck fresh herbs into it like rosemary and lavender.

I hope you enjoy!

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

1 comment:

  1. Jasmine ~
    I found your willow tree on Google. I love it! I have created a blend of herbs and spices that are delicious and also known for healing powers. My logo will include a willow tree and I would love to use your pic on my brochure. Will you give me permission to do so? Please email me at poetryflavor@yahoo.com
    Peace and Blessings
    Felicia "Wildflower" Bowers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.