Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Your Ancestors




Your Ancestors


Merry Meet :))) Where do you come from? Who is in your family? How much do you know about the people who came before you in your family? I've always been very inquisitive of this my entire life and to be honest, when I get time, it's one of my favorite things to research. You would be amazed to realize how much who you are today can be a part of your families history. I'm not just speaking of Mom and Dad, but go back as many generations as you possibly can. For those of us whom are gifted with being sensitive and empaths, this can ring even more true, as it is hereditary. If you are a witch today I would not be surprised at all if you have witches in your line somewhere. Do you know where they are? What countries they came from? What were their gifts?

Who is in our past can also have an effect on us as many times, our ancestors will serve as our guides in this life. Thus, if you can learn more about them it can deepen your connection to them as well. A prime example of this was recently as I dug through my background and finally made my native american connection. That draw that I've felt for quite some time now was finally understood for me, in a matter of a simple wording issue in my history. As you see the ("Native Americans" as I would call them as I'm from the United States) practices that ring so close to me, actually came from Canadian Indians in my line. However because I always asked using the word Native Americans, my question was overlooked.

Another interesting parallel that I've been finding is that my ancestors tend to come from places that have been in my past life regressions. So while I've not formed an opinion on if we come back in the same family line, it does make me wonder if some of those people I've been researching could possibly have been me or had ties to me in a past life. Something to think on...

Another factor is how our bodies handle life. For example exposure to the sun. My background is primarily French and Italian so the sun and I tend to get along well, however a friend of mine is Scandinavian, and he needs to use a bit of caution in the sun. Ok for a lot of you that one was probably a pretty obvious connection. But how about the foods you eat? Have you noticed you are sensitive to certain foods? What types of foods does your body respond best to?

You'd be amazed how much information you can learn and how much it can directly pertain to you. Ancestry.com is a site that I use often. I will subscribe for a month here and a month there when I see some areas of free time come up. You can get a free two week trial. :))) Have fun!

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

2 comments:

  1. I would be careful using Ancestry.com as my Uncle who once looked it up says that whatever information you put down into ancestry to build your family tree or photos etc, becomes Ancestry(dot)com's property and no longer your own.

    Just thought you might want to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually know a lot about my ancestry. Just before my great grandmother died, my grandmother had her line researched. My mother is also into genealogy and I've done quite a bit of research on Ancestry.com as well. On my paternal side I've been able to trace as far back as early 1500's in Olney, Buckinghamshire England. The most notable person in my line is a woman named Susannah North Martin. She and her husband came to live in Amesbury Mass, and later in life she was hung as a witch in the Salem Witch Trials. (Hence my name, SalemWitchChild)

    On my maternal side my family comes from Scotland. I find it funny how they came to America. They were run out of Scotland for thieving horses. My family has a long line of being horse traders btw. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.