Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Sign On The Way Home






Merry Meet :)))))

I was bringing my son to preschool this morning, and he was telling me how beautiful all the leaves were looking.  I thought it quite remarkable that a 4 year old little boy takes the time to appreciate things like that. :)) I always say I have much to learn from my little ones. :))) Fall is one of my favorite seasons because the colors are just amazing.  Today was a bit drizzly, so against the gray sky the colors really seemed to pop.

After I dropped him off for school I was puttering my way home admiring the scenery and just taking in how beautiful life is.  Lately I have had many signs that I am not meant to be the workaholic that I tend to be, and take time for myself to get outside and enjoy everything.  Each time I take a day off the universe rewards me.  Now I don't think that approach will work every day. :))))) But it's always a nice reminder to me when I get validated for taking a bit of time off.  I also had this quote jumping in my head for Moonsong Daily Magick.  It really just went perfect with how I felt in the moment.  So I was actually trying to write it down on my phone as I was going down the road to my house. lol :))) I only typed about 4 letters when the following happened....

As I rounded the corner on the street towards my house, some movement caught my eye in the field.  I slowed down to see what it was.  It was a deer! :))) One of the signs I get from my guides is deer.  I always seem to get them at amazing times.  I pulled the jeep to the side of the road and tried to get pictures as she was looking straight at me.  I sat and locked eyes with her for a few minutes then she slowly started walking up the field.  I pulled the jeep up a bit as I was mesmerized by her.  She walked over to a second deer!  They both nuzzled a bit and went back to eating.  I sat there with the biggest smile on my face just appreciating the amazing view I was blessed with.

A man was coming up the road on a bike, so I pointed out the window to show him the deer.  Right as I did this tiny deer came bounding out of the woods to the other two deer.  It was adorable!!!! The three of them then bounced off into the woods.  Days like this, just make me so happy.  :))) I wish I could have gotten a pic of the little one too, but it was sooooo quick! I think a car that had come up the other road frightened them.

"Don't look for something special,
Realize that everything you see is special."

That was the quote in my head, the quote I was trying to type so I wouldn't forget it right before I saw the deer.  It really opened my eyes to everything around me.  I find beauty in pretty much everything I see, but in that moment, I noticed how even the brown branches that didn't get enough sunlight on the bushes looked amazing in their own way.  It's a moment that's difficult to describe.  It's a sight that I will strive to have always.  The deer just confirmed the lesson that my guides were putting forth to me.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong





1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. You seem like such a sweetheart - appreciative of the Good, warm, and true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.