Saturday, October 6, 2012

Gemstone Storage



Gemstone Storage

Merry Meet :))) We've been taking a look of lots of different types of gemstones.  If some of you are like me, you probably are starting to get a collection going of gemstones that you like to work with. How do you store them?

I keep most of mine together in a fairly large cedar box on my alter that is lined with cloths. I have tissues seperating some of them. When you are storing your stones you want to keep a couple things in mind. The first and probably the most important is that all gemstones have different levels of "hardness". Some can be sharp, and some can even be quite breakable. So you want to make sure you have them in an area where they will not hit together and chip or break. I started originally storing mine in a velvet pouch and realized rather quickly that some of the stones were getting nicked. A great option for storing stones is a container that has many little compartments. You can find these at pretty much any craft store or hardware store. That way you can keep the stones seperated. Another option is a gemstone display case like the one that is pictured above. This type is especially useful if you want your gemstones to be easier to take with you if you need them for classes, clients, etc.

You also want to keep them in a cool dry place. Different stones react differently with heat and water so you never want to leave them baking in an area that gets really warm. Several of my stones that I work with I will also leave on display around my house. A couple of windowsills have them, and I have several on my alter. Pick the system that works best for you! :)))

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.