Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Make Time For The Things That Make You Feel Good

Original graphic by: Pat Brennan


Make Time For The Things That Make You Feel Good


Merry Meet :))))

We all have things that we love to do. Some examples of mind are singing, reading, researching, taking walks, etc. However, some of those things will make us feel more relaxed then others. Each of us is different. So while I can sit here and tell you that if I walk for an hour when I come home I'll be completely relaxed the same may not be true for you. Do you know what types of activities make you relaxed?

Let's go on a journey to find them.

Grab a pen and a piece of paper.

On that paper I want you to spend 5 minutes and write down every activity that you can think of that you enjoy doing. Feel free to add some that you haven't tried. For instance you may want to add coloring mandalas to the list or painting.

Over the next couple of weeks, I know some of you are very busy, I want you to try out as many of those activities as you can.

Make a small journal of sorts taking notes on how you feel. Note how you feel when you start the activity, and how you feel afterwards. Also note things that could affect the outcome of that activity. For instance if you are going to paint, it might be more relaxing to do it on your own then with your three-year old hanging on your leg. ;) Trust me I know.

The point of doing this is to find the activities that you enjoy that relax you the most. So for instance, a simple example is this. I enjoy watching tv at night. However I know on particularly noisy days the tv just ads more noise and I'm more relaxed reading a book. So I know that on days it's especially noisy not to watch tv and to read instead. I know that when I walk in the woods for an hour I come back completely relaxed. I also enjoy long drives. These are the type of things you are looking for. Those activities that make you feel like you just finished a meditation.

You can keep this list and edit it at any time. Use it to learn all about you! Once you find those activities make time to do them more! Find places that you can incorporate them. You may find that taking a 15 minute walk in the morning makes you more relaxed then that cup of coffee and the news. It's all about you. When you are relaxed your days will go smoother, life will seem easier, and you will have better use of your time.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.