Sunday, November 25, 2012

Best Herbs to Use in Teas




Best Herbs to Use in Teas

Merry Meet :)) As many of you know I am a huge tea fan. I love drinking teas. I will often make herbal teas using the herbs from my garden. So today I wanted to give some recommendations for herbs to make teas out of. For my herbal teas I use a teaball and add the fresh herbs to it. Depending on the strength of the herb, I generally use about a teaspoon of herbs in the ball and let them steep in my tea for a few minutes. The following are some wonderful herbs to try in your teas. You can also play with them and use combinations.

Chamomile: Harvest the flowers from chamomile

Lemon Balm: I almost always add this herb to my tea. Even if I'm using tea bags because I'm in a rush I will add a couple lemon balm leaves on the top to give it that added lemon flavor.

Lemon Verbena: Lemon Verbena also provides a wonderful lemon flavor. This herb is a stronger one, so start with just a small bit of the leaf first to see how you like it.

Mint: Mint is another favorite in my teas. There are so many different varieties. I will add mint leaves to my tea if my tummy needs settling. I also use them in my ice water.

Ginger: I have a super sensitive tummy so ginger root is another that I will add to my teas. It's flavor can be strong as well so definitely experiment in small quantities at first.

Sage: While I am not particularly fond of sage in cooking, I do enjoy it in teas. However I will usually only use this one when I have a cold. You'd be amazed how well it helps sore throats. :))

Oregano: Oregano is wonderful for helping to boost your immune system. This is one that I will throw a little bit of mixed with other herbs.

Rosemary: I love the smell of rosemary. :)) Rosemary is helpful for the nervous system. It is also an antifungal. I have mentioned before that I have candida, so this is one herb I try to add regularly to help keep the yeast my system produces under control.

These are just a few of my favorites. If you google herbs for teas you will find many many more and their uses. Herbs can be very beneficial to us, so I definitelyl encourage using them in your teas. They are better fresh as well, so if you have an herb garden it's wonderful to start learning which herbs are good in teas and their uses.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.