Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Selecting Crystals



Selecting Crystals 


Merry Meet :)))

Many of you are just starting to work with crystals. Some of you have been working with them for a very long time. When you first start looking to work with a crystal you are usually told to select what "feels right." For those of you who are just starting out, and we have all been there, what in the world does that mean?? You've heard me say a lot that everything in the world is made up of energy. Crystals included. Each crystal has it's own vibration. So when starting to work with crystals I encourage you to go to a metaphysical shop or somewhere else that has crystals and wander among them. Do any in particular catch your eye? Take note of them. Sometimes when you pick up a crystal you can actually feel your hands start to tingle or vibrate. That is a great starting crystal for you to work with. That's actually how I found my first quartz. I wound up pulling it out of a box under the display! lol I felt drawn to that area and just went with my intuition. I was not shopping for a crystal that day. When I reached into the box, the one I chose caught my eye. However, the reason I purchased it that day, was I was shocked when I picked it up how it vibrated in my hand. I had never felt anything like it. To this day it is my main meditation crystal.

Another story I have is of a rainbow moonstone pendulum I work with. I found it at a shop out in Rhode Island on a day trip. I spent time with it in the shop, and loved it. However I already had a pendulum and didn't see the need at that time for another one. So I left the pendulum in the shop. Two days later I called the shop and wound up having her mail me the crystal as I could not get it out of my head! I was baffled by how it was on my mind. It was meant to be with me though, for it is my main pendulum to this day. The rose quartz one I had, wound up going to a friend. :))) You will find that happens sometimes too. You will have a crystal you are working with and at some point it might feel right for that crystal to go with someone else. It's hard to describe, but you will know it when it happens. :))))

Another point I wanted to touch on was the cost of crystals. Some of them can get quite pricey! :))) Just because a spell may call for a piece of obsidian or ruby, or whatever other crystal you may not have access to, don't feel the spell will not work if you don't use it. You are allowed to subsitute. ;) A lot of my favorite spells have been worked using stones I have found out in nature that resemble the stone I need for the spell. It's all about your intent and sincerity. :)))) One of my favorite things to do is collect stones every time I go. I have a small cabinet in my bedroom near my alter that I literally have bags of them. My son loves to help me too lol :))) When a spell calls for a stone I don't have I will look in there and usually I can find a really nice substitute. My wish is that they will develop an app for the iphone one day to make identifying them easier! lol :)))

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

P.S. The crystals in the picture are a few of mine. The one on the right is my first quartz crystal. It fits perfect in my hand. If you look at the top you can see the ocean in it. :)))) Well I think it looks like the ocean. The Geode has a crescent moon in it. My son found it for me at a dinosaur did place. :)))

1 comment:

  1. I wish I knew each meaning of a crystal, but then again as you said each one attracts you to it in a different and has other vibrations.
    do you know perhaps where I can read online about the meanings of stones and crystals? i would be much thankful! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.