Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Catoptromancy

**graphic by Steven Palmer**



Catoptromancy

Merry Meet :))) Catoptromancy is a form of mirror divination. It is used only to answer medical inquiries. 

"Pausanias, an ancient Greek traveler, described as follows: Before the Temple of Ceres at Patras, there was a fountain, separated from the temple by a wall, and there was an oracle, very truthful, not for all events, but for the sick only. The sick person let down a mirror, suspended by a thread till its base touched the surface of the water, having first prayed to the goddess and offered incense. Then looking in the mirror, he saw the presage of death or recovery, according as the face appeared fresh and healthy, or of a ghastly aspect." (From Wikipedia)

We can use this divination method today in much the same way. You may wish to burn incense when you do this to enhance your clairvoyance.

Find a mirror that you can use. You want one that you can hang from a string. One of the easiest methods I've found for this is by using those hand held mirrors that have a hole in the handle. I used a white ribbon with mine. You then need to find a founatain or body of water that you can hang it over. You want to lower the mirror slowly until the base of it barely touches the surface of the water.

Think about the person that you seek medicinal answers for. Gaze into the mirror and look for your answers. I have tried this two different ways. I've done it once inside with a huge mixing bowl filled with water and a candle next to me. I also did it once using a small stream. I had better luck outside, however that could be just for me. There are many variables that played into both. When I was outside the lighting on the mirror did something kinda funny. Sorry for the vague explanation but it's hard for me to explain. It was quite overcast yet it seemed to be reflecting light from two different sources. In any event after I saw the light I received an answer clairaudiently. I hope this helps!

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.