Friday, January 25, 2013

Create a Stone Altar



Create a Stone Altar

Merry Meet :))) When we work with magick a lot of us will have at least one main altar. Some of us will have many altars. My main altar is inside my bedroom.  During the warmer months I love having a natural altar that I can use outside.  So another type of altar that is nice to have is a stone altar. This is an altar that you can do your primary working with outside. This altar is especially good when working with natural items such as gemstones. As the stones come from nature, in my opinion it lends to the energy of the stones to do magickal working with them outdoors whenever possible.

Find a tree stump outside, a log, or something else that you can use to make a flat top on. Find a large slab of marble, or a large flat rock that you can use to form the top of the altar. Another idea is to place a flat piece of marble atop a bird bath pedestel. Just make sure however you set it up, it's sturdy. I like working on the ground, so I have a simple flat rock that I found in a riverbed on the ground in a small grove of trees. It can really be as simple or as elaborate as you like.  This will form the area that you work upon.

On this altar you can set any magickal objects that you wish to work with when working outside.  Any objects that I am concerned about being in the elements,  I store in a box and bring them out there when I'm ready. I use this as my primary place to cleanse and charge gemstones during the warm months.  This provides a safe magickal place for me to leave objects I wish to charge under the light of the moon. You can also do any other magickal work here that you wish.

You can add anything you like to this altar. Just keep it appropriate to your magickal workings. Incense, flowers, stones, sticks, the possibilities are endless. I have several seashells on mine, and stones from the ocean. Use your intuition and make it yours!

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.