Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dear Diary

**original graphic by nxlam1801**


Dear Diary....

Merry Meet :)))

How many of you keep a diary? I started keeping a diary when I was in the first grade. For that birthday I was given this fancy hallmark diary with a little lock on it. I think it was from my godmother. It was this beautiful blue color with a rainbow across the front of it. For the next several years I wrote in it pretty faithfully. When I moved out I didn't write in it as much as life got really busy for me. However in the past few years I have picked it back up. Now I refer to it as a magickal journal. :))) I don't get to write in it every day, but I do when I can. I write as if I were writing to a friend to tell them everything going on.

There are so many reasons to journal. I can look back across all my journals and see how I have grown. I can also refer back to events in my life where the memories get fuzzy. It helps me to remember everything. It can enhance your intution and connection with your true self. By writing honestly about how you feel, it will help you connect to your true self. You can also keep records of your dreams there that are important.

Keeping a diary or journal is also very therapeutic. It is a great way to vent, release stress, and allow your emotions out. For those of you that are empaths like me, it's a fantastic way to help you release emotions. You'd be amazed at what you can learn about yourself while you are writing as well. When I write I just let go. I'll start on a topic and see where I wind up. I don't worry about proper spelling or grammer the important thing is to get those thoughts on paper as I can read and interpret them later on.

Having a journal will also spark your creativity. While writing every day may come easy to some, let's face it, for the majority of us, not so much. lol :))) I promise though, with time it becomes easier and easier. Eventually you can learn to lose yourself in your writing and let your true self out to play. :)))) You'd be amazed what you can learn from yourself when you relax and go with things. :)))

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog just the other day and I have to say I totally enjoy reading what you write. I personally keep three.... a gratitude journal, a magical journal and one by my bed for a dream journal. You are right...I love reading them after some time has past to see what I have learned along the way. Thank you for taking the time to write for our enjoyment.
    Blessings always,
    June

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.