Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pink Lady's Slipper



Pink Lady's Slipper


Lady's Slipper

Merry Meet :))) I remember sitting and watching these flowers for agesss when i was a little girl. For some reason I was under the assumption that they were where fairies lived. :))) I'm not sure where that came from, but I do remember watching them for hours, waiting for the flower to open so that I could see a fairy come out. They are such a beautiful graceful flower.

The Lady Slipper is also known by several other names, Yellow Moccasin Flowr, Nevereroot, and American Valerian. The Lady Slipper is a femine plant. This beautiful pink orchid is native to the North Eastern United States. It has other colors and varieties that are found around the world. It's corresponding element is water. It also corresponds to the planet Saturn. Please use caution when picking this plant as it is endangered and therefore protected in many areas. I remember seeing this flower a lot when I was little.  There is a large one up at the land my parents camp on. I was amazed by it the moment I saw it.  I took time and surrounded it with rocks. The photo is of the one I found. :))

When colonists first came to America, the Pink Lady's slipper was one of the substitutes for herbs they used previous to their arrival. They noted that pink lady's slipper had similar effects to valerian root. It was used to calm people and help headaches . Today we use it to aid sleep at night and help with anxiety. It is also used today to help ease symptoms of Parkinson's disease. It's most commonly used as a tea or tincture.

Lady's slipper is probably best known for it's protection. It is used in sachets to help guard against hexes, curses, and spells.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.