Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Beluga Whale as Your Totem Animal



Beluga Whale As Your Totem Animal

Merry Meet :)) In November, my daughter and I spent the night at Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut with her Girl Scout troop. The experience was just amazing as we got to actually sleep inside of the aquarium. :))))) We also had an amazing night tour of the aquarium. If you are interested in the aquarium you can check it out here:  http://www.mysticaquarium.org/

While there, I was just amazed with the Beluga whales. I adored how they just came up to us as we were watching them from the side of the exhibit. Their eyes seemed to stare right into your soul, and their energy was just amazingly kind and loving to me. Something I found positively warming given that they were many times the size of us! I couldn't help but smile as they spit water at us, and played around near us seemingly trying to play with us. The other thing I loved is that they always look as if they are smiling! Those smiles are contageous. As I looked around the crowd of us watching these magnificent creatures all you saw was big smiles. So today I wanted to take a closer look at the Beluga whale as a totem animal or spirit guide.

The Beluga whale is native to the Arctic and sub Arctic regions, being most common in the Arctic ocean. They are also referred to as the white whale, or sea canary, though they are technically not whales as they belong to the suborder Odontoceti. The male Beluga's can be up to 18 feet long and weigh up to 3,500 pounds. They are very easy to spot as they are all white in color. When they are born they are usually gray or brown in color. They change to all white as they reach maturity at about five years of age. As a totem animal their white color appeals to our crown chakra. They will help us to open this chakra and communicate with the divine as well as harness our own divine energy. The white also represents wisdom as they receive their beautiful white color as they age. The Beluga are very playful and often chatter amongst themselves. If you listen to them, the communicate with a complicated chatter of clicks, whistles and clangs. In addition to these sounds they are excellent at mimicing other sounds. Their chatter is what earned them the name sea canary. This makes them very helpful when working with us to be able to communicate effectively. They pass along their gift of song to us. They also help us to find our own playfulness. They encourage us to be social and play with others. They live together in small groups called pods. Their energy is amazingly positive which helps us to stay positive as well. 

Below is a link to a video of a Mariachi Band who was playing a wedding at Mystic serenading a Beluga Whale at Mystic.  I love how he is reacting to the music! :)))) It really helps to demonstrate their amazing energy and spirit.  I hope you enjoy :)))

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_6-IwMPjM

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

1 comment:

  1. OK so the third time is the charm, I hope!

    I just wanted you to know that I am today because of this post! I hope my comments are not posting three times.:-*
    I close my eyes with my drawing pad and a marker in my hand and the source to show me what I need to know today. McGrew some lines and when I open my eyes it was a beluga whale. So, I asked Siri what was the spiritual meaning of a beluga whale. That is when I saw your post.

    I don't know how this magic happens but it is beautiful!

    Grateful grateful grateful!

    Be well ,

    Pam

    PS I have a group called we can similar but not to be confused with,

    Pam

    PS I have a group called Wecan similar to Wiccan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.