Monday, April 8, 2013

Ancestry and Reincarnation




Ancestry and Reincarnation 

Merry Meet :)))) Today I wanted to share a story with you that I find magickal. I honestly wasn't sure which category to put it under, but magickal seems perfect to me.

I started my path formally several year ago. Since then I have been exploring all different areas of Wicca and many other religions as I am eclectic. I follow my intuition and take what makes sense to me and feels right. I have a couple of areas that come up over and over for me, native american and celtic. I believe in reincarnation. I also believe that you have very strong ties to your ancestors who have crossed before you. They help to make you who you are today. I recently had a DNA test done as I had questions about my heritage. I have cleared up the Native American belief. My family came from France to Canada. When they were in Canada there we intermingled with a tribe from Canada. I still have more research to do on that. That is the story I've been handed down. So when I sent for this DNA test I knew it was a long shot but was hoping to get some clarification there. I did not get that, but what I did get blew me away.

For as long as I can remember I have loved the British Isles. Every time I see pictures of the area, or hear the history, something about it just transfixes me. I had a past life regression done a bit over a year ago now that traced one of my past lives to Ireland. I've always thought it strange how strong my connection was to my area. It conflicted my belief a bit about reincarnation. I don't believe that you reincarnate into your own family every time, but I do believe you should be near some of that family and friends. My belief is that we travel with the same group of people over many lifetimes. We may not come back with everyone each life, but we have a family of souls if you will that we may travel with. So to not have any family or connections in that area was a little confusing to me. Until a week ago I thought my family originated in France, and Italy. My mother's side is almost pure Italian, my Father's side from Canada, but from France before that. 

So I got the email last week. Your DNA test is available. I couldn't get the page open fast enough. Then I sat there with my mouth open for a good few minutes reading and re-reading the results. 49% British Isles, Southern European (includes Italy) 40%, Eastern European 7%, and unknown 4%. The areas all around France were highlighted but France wasn't even there! However, there, in a huge blue highlight was that area that I have come to love. The area that I've had an unexplained connection to. The area from my past life. When I had that regression I actually took on an accent, the lady said she's not seen one that thick very often. I clearly have a lot more work on ancestry to do. 

For me it is just incredible. I've always felt I belonged there. Those that know me well know it's my dream to go there. That area is pure magick to me. I know several of you live there so I might show up on your doorstep one day! :)))))) I know it's a huge area but I have several specific areas within the Isles that really resonate with me. Perhaps now I have my answer. I just found that absolutely incredible. My connection there hasn't made sense to me until a week ago. So trust your intuition. Follow what you feel guided to do. That DNA test fell into my lap at a great price. It was clearly something I was meant to know. I can't wait to research it more. 

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

p.s. The picture above is quite close to what I saw in my regression. I saw two places, one in Colonial New England, the second was in Ireland much earlier. It was a house quite similar to this along a very rocky cliff over the ocean. :))) This particular pic is in Cornwall England.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Where did you get your DNA tested? I would be interested in doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jasmeine. I live in Scotland, my parents and many of my friends live in England in Wiltshire, Yorkshire, Staffordshire and elsewhere. I was born in Ireland and still want to explore my ancestry there. I did some past life regression a few years ago which was very revealing. So if you want to drop in sometime I'd be pleased to meet, help out and maybe we can explore a bit more together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.