Tin Can Luminary
What You Will Need
- Tin cans
- Permanent Marker
1. You can use tin cans from coffee grounds, soup, juice etc. The choice is yours. The ones without the ridges in them are a little easier to work with.
2. Once you have your can, wash it off and scrape off any labels and glue on the can.
3. Use a permanent marker to draw a pattern on the outside of the can. Some ideas are stars, pentagrams, witch hats etc.
4. Allow the ink to dry then fill the can with water. Set it in the freezer for at least 24 hours. This will make it easier to punch holes in the can.
5. After it's completely frozen take it out and place it on a towel or blanket to work on. Use nails, screwdrivers, or other pointed safe objects to puncture through the pattern on the can using holes. You can use a hammer to make it easier. (If the ice gets too melted you can pop the can back in the freezer to refreeze it.)
6. When you are done, run it under warm water to melt the remaining ice in the can.
7. Dry it off.
8. If you want to you can paint the can. :))
9. Place a candle in it and all set to go! :)))