Thursday, July 4, 2013

Falling or Jumping Cards in the Tarot



Falling or Jumping Cards In The Tarot

Merry Meet :)))) How many of you have been dealing the tarot cards, and one card falls out of the deck. What do you do with these cards? To me, any card that falls out of the deck when shuffling is a card that is trying to get your attention. :))) I've had them just fall slowly at my feet, and I've had them come out as if they had a mission. So when these cards make their presence known, I acknowledge that and pass along the message they are trying to get across. Most tarot readers will agree with me on this practice. From what I've seen, the majority of tarot readers will add the card to their spread, incorporating the card into their reader.

When I was taught tarot by Sheilaa Hite, I was taught to take it a bit further though. I will write down somewhere what the card was and then tuck it back into the deck. I will then reshuffle the cards. I love when things show up multiple times and you would honestly be amazed at how many times this card that has jumped out has shown it's determination and shown up again when I layout the cards. Does this always happen? No. I would venture to say well over 50% of the time it does for me. I must confess I love it when it does. When it shows up again I now have additional insight as to why that card is so important by where it is placed in the spread.

If it does not show up again though don't worry. :))) I find that the ones that don't show up again either seem to need to be read on their own, or they will appear again in a different place. Sometimes it will be a combination of the two. This is one of those things that always seems to happen to me. If it doesn't seem to fit perfectly at the time, I relax as I know it will make perfect sense later on. Usually I will receive that "aha!" moment within 24 hours.

I have a profound love and interest in those cards that "fall into my lap". For me it's like my guides sending me a very personal message. I love when they make it obvious. With my analytical I need to see it six times to believe it Virgo mind, the more obvious the better. :)))) As always, when you are reading the most important thing is to follow your intuition. If you like how I do it, by all means feel free to incorporate it into your readings the way I was taught to. If you want to stay with the main method that's ok too. What matters is what is most comfortable for you.

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

**original source of graphic unknown***

5 comments:

  1. A Tarot Card Reading actually reaches beyond time, bringing out the true pattern that includes past and future. The random pattern of the cards leads us to bypass the limitations of consciousness. The readings carry certitude and serve us the most by giving us a sense of direction. tarot card reading , but while my searching I found this blog and very useful for me. Thanks for blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often do pay attention to them, depends on what I am doing. Sometimes I just lay them aside to see what it might mean in the grand scheme of things of the reading. If one card keeps jumping out, particularly in readings or exercises for myself (which is primarily what I doing) then I would pay attention to the card and really think about it's meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My jumper was a betrayal card that I received yesterday in my present....I did a spread today and asked if this person was still present (I deal with some very negative people) so I did my reading today and it wasnt there, but when I shuffled the cards to put them away that card fell at my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was shuffling for a general reading tonight after work and 3 cards fell out of the deck. When laid out in their order provided, the messages and positions of each card were spot on at each of the recent past and present periods I have to meditate how to reach the 3rd. Oh, my cards in their respective order were 6 Pentacles, 3 Cups, and finally the High Priestess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just happened to me. I'm new to reading, and new to exploring my intuition and magic.
    I felt it was important to study the two cards that jumped out at me. They directly relate to something that has been causing a lot of stress recently.

    I googled jumping cards after looking them up. I'm glad I trusted my intuition. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.