Sunday, July 28, 2013

Slow Cooking Herbs



Slow cooking herbs

Merry Meet :))) I received a mini-crockpot from my parents for Christmas. :))) I was immediately intrigued by it. I love my large crockpot and was thinking of things that I could make in it, sauces, teas, etc. What I find I have been using it most for is slow cooking herbs and fruits for their aroma in the home. :))))))) It fills my house with a beautiful subtle natural scent that I am absolutely loving. Even better it's super easy.

Some ideas for herbs to use include rosemary, lavender, lemon verbena, mint, ginger, and the list goes on! You can use just one or make combinations that you love in your home. My favorite thus far is lavender with a bit of vanilla extract. I don't use essential oils in it, simply because if I cook in the pot I don't want any residue from the oils to remain. If you have one that you wish to use only for aroma, that is another possibility.

You are not limited to herbs. Since I don't have a lot of fresh herbs accessible to me I've been using fruits. Another combination I've been using frequently is apple and cinnamon. I will slice up an apple and add it to the water and sprinkle cinnamon along the top or toss in a cinnamon stick if I have one. I've also been saving the peels from oranges and grapefruits that we eat and using those.

I fill the crockpot almost to the top and then add whatever it is I wish to scent my room. I keep it on low throughout the day, or I've done it over a couple days before depending on how strong the scent remains.

You can find the crock pots in various places. Some of the grocery stores round here carry them as well as general stores like Wal-Marts. Usually they range from $9.99 and up. I am including a link for the one I have on amazon if you are having trouble finding one. Mine is a 1.5 quart one. This one on amazon is close.  The picture above is the one I have  :)) http://amzn.to/YxUUGI

I hope you enjoy!

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.