Saturday, August 17, 2013

Balance

**photo by applecorekevin*

Balance

Merry Meet :)))) How many of us live a perfectly balanced life? I know I am definitely not one of them, honestly this is probably one of my biggest areas of struggle to maintain all the time.  I often find myself going in way too many directions and can occasionally lose site of maintaining my balance.   However, I am working towards it, and getting better.  I can always tell when I have it right. lol :)))

Things actually run much smoother when your life is in balance, and you will be happier and healthier over all. Did you know that living a life out of balance can lead to various pains throughout your body and even result in you being sick? When we don't live a balanced life it can result in stress which can wreak havoc on our bodies. It can be worth the time you put in to make sure that you do achieve that balance.

It's actually not so hard to do if you have a plan and stick to it. ;) I have a challenge for myself to actively work on this over the next month. The easiest way to sort this out is to make a list. Ready?

First we want to write out a list of the things that we currently do and a ballpark of where we are spending our hours, I'll give you some examples on my list:

- Working - (10 hours)
- Sleeping (7 hours)
- Spending time with the kids/social (3 hours)
- Groceries, Cooking, Eating, Hygeine (2 hours)
- Watching TV (2 hours)

You may find you have some areas that overlap and that's ok, it's just to become aware of how the majority of your time gets spent. I also estimated a lot of mine, notice things like cooking will change on a daily basis.

Next we want to think about where we need more time to do the things that will help balance our life.

I know for myself I love being outside, and would love to have more time to read. In a perfect world we would be able to have it balanced to be work for 8 hours, sleep 8 hours, and 8 hours free time. However for most of us this isn't possible.

The first thing that jumped out at me when I looked at this is that I am working way to many hours. In my life this is something I can work with a little bit. For instance, now that it's summer and the weather is nice, since I work from home, I will work outside. This helps with my need to be outside. When I read, I will read books that pertain to work, so I get to relax for awhile but I still get ideas for my job.  It's truly a blessing that I have a job that I love. :)))  I incorporate going for walks and being outside in with my social time with my children. I have incorporated my spiritual time throughout my entire day, for instance 10 minutes when I wake up, 20 before bed, and other small increments as needed throughout the day.

You need to make sure that your day includes nourishment, personal hygeine, exercise, learning/exploring, relaxing, and sleep. Look for things you can cut back on and add in the areas that you need. For instance I could knock my television back to one hour a night and use that last hour for reading. Another thing I will do is socialize while on the move, if I have phone calls that I know will be long I get up and walk around the block while talking. Instead of making social dates to have tea or watch movies, get motivated and go hiking. Make sure you are getting the proper amount of sleep per day, if you are tired you will work slower and lose additional time. If you own your own business, look and see if there are activities you could outsource to give you a bit of breathing room.

When you are able to live a balanced life you will have less stress, feel healthier, and things will go much quicker and easier for you.

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.