Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Full Corn Moon



The Full Corn Moon (Sturgeon Moon)


Many of you know I have a garden this year that I have lots of veggies growing in. I'm doing much better at it this year, as many of you can probably tell by my writing about it. :)))) I've mentioned before, I was not blessed with a green thumb and have much to learn! lol :))))))) So my kids came running up to me yesterday telling me that my corn stalks were falling over. Yes I have a few corn stalks lol :)))) I want to have them dried for Samhain decorations this year. :)))))))) So I walked over to find out why, and lo and behold it's because the corn is getting too heavy. :)))))) You can probably see where I'm going with this. :)))

So the full Corn Moon gets it's name from falling in late August, right about the time that the corn is ready to harvest. We will be harvesting our 6 ears on that night. lol :))) It can get confusing because sometimes people will use this name interchangeably with the Harvest Moon that is the full moon that falls closest to the Autumn Equinox. That Moon is generally in September. If you go by the Farmer's Almanac, this is the case. They refer to this Moon as the Green Corn Moon, Barley Moon, or the Sturgeon Moon. Depending on your source/tradition, is basically what name you will refer to this Moon as.

Want to make it even a bit more complex? :))))) Tonight is also known by some, using the old traditions, as a Blue Moon. An older definition of the full moon is an extra full moon in a season, or the fourth full moon within three months, which is what we have tonight. :))))) So for those of you who are familiar with the song "Colors of the Wind" from the cartoon movie Pocahontas, you may remember a line in it that asks "Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?". While the writer of the song says there is no native american lore associated in particular with the Blue Corn Moon, tonight that's indeed what we "technically have".

I actually have a video I made 5 years ago now. I can't believe it's been that long. I sang the "Colors of the Wind". This was back in the day where I use to sing all the time. It's something I really miss, but I have yet to figure out how to set up my Mac so I can record again. I also had blond hair! LOL :)))) I'm back to my natural color of brown now. :))) But for those of you who are interested in taking a peek, you can see it here:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b29c5791

When you add the Corn Moon's fiery energy to the Moon in Aquarius tonight, if you have any magick you need some super energy on, tonight is the night. It's a great night to break any habits, or make important changes on as the energy tonight will provide you with the inspiration and motivation to do so. Put the focus on you tonight. :)))) What changes can you make to improve your physical, emotional, and spiritual health. Make those changes tonight. :)))))))))

Here are some correspondances to incorporate into your magickal workings tonight:

Color Correspondance: Yellow, Orange Red
Gemstones: Tiger's eye, Carnelian, Garnet, Red Agate
Trees: Cedar, Hazel
Gods: Vulcan, Mars, Nemesis, Hecate, Hathor, Thoth
Element: Fire
Herbs: Rosemary, Basil, Rue, Chamomile

Have an amazing night! :))))

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.