Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Taking Chances

**original graphic by MBHenrikson**


Taking Chances

A few years ago I was at a point in my life where I felt like I kept running into a brick wall. I remember calling a psychic nearly in tears as I honestly had nowhere else to turn. She told me that she pulled the tower card and the death card for me. The same cards I had been pulling for myself over and over again for almost a year. I listened nearly in tears as she told me that I was an angel who's wings had been clipped and I needed to make drastic changes in my life. She encouraged me to start living for me, and to take those chances that were begging for my attention.

Through a series of events in my life, I was shoved out of my little nest and forced to fly. Looking back I honestly wish I had done it sooner. While I love to say that I embrace change, the plain truth of it is that it can be scary as hell, especially when it's change that can pull everything you know out from under you. It's terrifying when you need to make changes that can threaten your security in some way, or take away that comfy cushion in your nest that we call "being comfortable."

Ya know what? Sometimes you have to do that. :))))

Last week I wrote an article about being afraid of things but doing it anyway. The focus of that article was to tell you that we need to acknowledge our fear, but not let it hold us back in doing things. This article I want to take it a step further. Most likely you are going to have to do things that scare you or are unpleasant in order to get ahead. It's just how things are. That's a huge lesson I learned in the past few years, is in order to get ahead you really do have to climb out on that limb and trust that you will rise up and not fall.

I read an article in my email the other day, "Top 5 Regrets of People Facing Death." Normally I would pass this article by completely in concern that it would have a negative impact on me. :) Yes I censor all my media. lol :)))) However it was coming from the Empath Connection so i decided to give it a read. The message in this article has been bouncing on me for a couple days now feeling as if it needed to be written. This article gave me the final nudge. Here are the top 5 regrets: Ready?

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

What do all these have in common? Going out on that limb and doing things that you might be afraid of. How many of you don't stand up for yourself simply because you're afraid to? How many of you sit on what you really think because you're afraid of what people think. How many of you aren't doing things that make you happy simply because you're afraid to? My guess is that the majority of us are, or definitely have at some point in our life.

When I took on Wiccan Moonsong full time I was absolutely terrified, but I love it, and I can't imagine my life being any different now. For those of you who know me personally you know I have pushed the envelope and taken some major chances in the last couple years and they are all paying off. I am happier then I have ever been in my life because I am finally being me. To be able to do that though I had to go out and do things I was afraid of. I had to move out of my comfort zone, that looking back on, really wasn't all that comfortable. ;) How about you? Is there anything you're afraid of doing that maybe you want to go out and do? :))))))))

Go out and be you :)))))))))) Everyone who matters will love you.

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

Put A Little Magick in Your Day!
Premium edition includes daily magickal correspondences, quotes, affirmations, tarot card, spell , and an article teaching you more about your path. :))) 




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Jasmine for this post. I am facing difficulties with myself lately and trying to gain strength and wisdom, but couldn't because I felt like I was blocking myself with certain emotions [and of course, fears]. This post helped me so much to look deep into myself and observe the situation I am in with different eyes. It made me smile and not to be afraid of leaving the comfort zone that is fear.. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this article. I have been wanting to start a home soap business but have been scared to fail. Im not employed right now although i have applied for and interviewed for jobs I am well qualified for, but was not selected for. My husband says that its the universe telling me its time to do what I love and not just what us easy and familiar for income. Thanks for this article because I think I needed to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.