Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Importance of Salt for Sensitives and Empaths




The Importance of Salt for Sensitives and Empaths

Salt is pretty significant in Wicca, and you will see it quite frequently. If you are sensitive or an empath, Salt should become a staple item for you. Salt is both naturally grounding and also amazing for cleansing. It's part of the reason that those of drawn to the ocean feel so relaxed the moment we get there. Both Water and Salt are naturally grounding, and when you combine their energies it's pure bliss for those of us who are sensitive. Salt water represents the energy of the earth and water united together. It's energy can be very powerful. This combined with it's cleansing and grounding properties, is why you will see it included quite frequently with rituals. You may want to keep a small bowl of salt water on your altar for your ritual work. I keep mine in an Abalone shell when working rituals.



Whenever you need assistance with grounding take a salt bath. You can use pretty much any variety, Epsom, Himalayan, Rock, Sea etc. My favorite is Epsom Salts. As sensitives, if you do not already have Espom salts in your house, I highly recommend you get them. An Epsom Salt bath is very grounding and cleansing for us. Any time you are having issues emotionally, take a bath with these salts and I promise you it will help. I use Dr Teal's Lavender Epsom Salts as often as I can. I actually happened upon it by accident. :)))) When running I get really sore, and Epsom salts are amazingggg for sore muscles. I quickly realized how grounding it was and started researching. I remembered being taught that salt was grounding way back, it's just one of those things I hadn't consciously put into practice. In any even, you can get any type you like and add essential oils to it. I just love lavender and chose to use that one. :)))) Dr Teal's has a few different varieties. You can find them on Amazon with the link I put up, or for those of you who live near Wal Mart, they usually have a good selection as well for a good price. :)))))

Salt can also be used for protection. To protect the home, sprinkle salt around the perimeter of your house or property. This will ward off any negativity or any unwanted spirits. If your children or anyone you know are having nightmares you can sprinkle a bit of salt around your bed to help keep the energy positive and stop the bad dreams. You can also include it when you cast your circle. Sprinkle it around the perimeter of your circle for added protection.



If you don't already have one, you may want to consider a Himalayan Salt Lampfor your home. I keep one in my son's bedroom as well as near where I work. I bought one because I thought it was super soothing to look at. It is :)))))) However it also acts as a mini air purifier. :)))) So this is another item I would put on the must have list for sensitives. It really can make a difference in the atmosphere of your home or work place.

You can also keep small bowls of salt water out around your home to help absorb any negative energy. Be sure to change them once a week. :))))))

Love and Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this info. I'm a bit sensitive...ok...I'm quite sensitive just not sure how to control it and I am certain this will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, thanks for sharing!!!!
    Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an empath and I wear pink Himalayan salts on a vial on a necklace when I enter crowded places. It works great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also carry a small bag of herbs and salt with me, and it does help me. I am very sensitive, to the point of passing out around power plants, antique stores, where I guess I pick up on others old energy left on their objects.? There is a lot of negative energy in some of them. Who knows, anyway,.... U might want to try the salt. namaste

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the difference between Sensitives and Empaths? I'm an empath, I thot they were the same...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Meet sweetie :)))) All empaths are sensitives but not all sensitives are empaths. Sensitives are born sensitive to energy, everything in the world is made up of energy. :)) Think of a sensitive like a radio station, some stations will come in clearer than others, for instance you could be stronger in the emotions of others, an empath, or sounds, clairaudient. :)) I hope this helps! :))) Much Love and Many Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

      Delete
  6. Hi, I wanted to say thank you for this article. I did not know that this bath salt brand has chamomile so I was happy to see that. I tend to lean towards Lavender and this brand is affordable and seems to be good quality too. I too love the salt lamps but caution anyone who is going to purchase one, to make sure that it is actually 100% Authentic Himalayan salt rock. I recently read that there a lot of scammers out there selling these fakes. Bummer right. egads. I purchased mine on Amazon since they are so reputable and also because they have really great prices too where's ebay, you have to go through a lot of hassles to get your purchases returned if you have a problem. Amazon gives you a label you can print out or they can send it to you and you are done. I was told that the salt lamps are also ionizers. That would be another bonus. Anyway, wanted to share a few things and spread some gratitude around. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.