Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mason Jar Lights



Mason Jar Lights

Merry Meet :)))) I love love love mason jars. :))))) They just have a zillion uses and the other day I came across yet another one! :)))

I was out rummaging around an estate sale, thankfully this one didn't give me the heebie jeebies like some of them do, and I came across this beautiful light that you see above.  I bought it for $1.00 lol :))))  It's the first time I've seen one like this and I thought it was quite clever.  Someone took a mason jar, added potpourri, and christmas lights.  Super easy to make!

I put it in my bathroom on the sink and it's now my new nightlight. :))))  I did notice that the lights do get warm, so you do have to be very careful if you use traditional lights, however, led's tend to not heat up and I believe this would be a safer choice.  I am going to make another one soon.   She attached a doily over the top so as not to have to put the cap over the wires, and used a piece of stretch cord to tie it.  Genius right?

I can see soooo many variations for this!  You could use sea glass, or stones to create a beach themed look.  For the coming samhain, you could put in orange and black glass with the lights, or change the colors of the lights.  During yule you could use multi-color lights with pine sprigs and little pine cones.  During the summer, herbs, flowers and normal lights.  The led lights won't heat up so it will give you additional options.  With Autumn here in New England I'm thinking of making one with the leaves once they start to change and led lights. :))))))))))

Got your imagination going?

What type are you going to make?

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

Put A Little Magick in Your Day!
Premium edition includes daily magickal correspondences, quotes, affirmations, tarot card, spell , and an article teaching you more about your path. :))) 


2 comments:

  1. I love garage sales and boot sales...I don't like hovering owners though...
    Your find is so cute...love it

    ...:) ...
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 I think the heat is on-purpose so the potpourri is activated and its fragrance is aromatherapy!? Debrael EarthAngel <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.