Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pass the Cinnamon and Honey Please Hunny :))




Pass the Cinnamon and Honey Please Hunny :))

Merry Meet :))))) Many of you know that almost 2 years ago now I cut most sugar out of my diet. It's something that really affects my health negatively so I've learned to cut it everywhere that I can reasonably. When I did that I also moved away from honey as well. I guess in my mind I was trying to make sure I didn't have any extra calories where I didn't need them.

Recently I've been craving honey a lot and have begun adding it to my morning smoothies, and my teas throughout the day. I'm quite sure it started from a pin on pinterest. LOL Are you surprised? I remember seeing a pin about a drink go by and it told of the benefits of mixing cinnamon and honey. For some reason it really jumped at me and I started craving it. Cinnamon was already a part of my daily routine as I sprinkle it on my coffee in the morning and teas throughout the day, so I decided to pick up the honey as well and see how my body responded. I use a honey that is sold at the local farmer's market, a good friend of mine actually makes it on her farm. :))) I would definitely recommend purchasing raw honey if you have access to it.

The first thing that I have noticed is the glow to my skin. Now I know if you use it directly on your skin it will do this, and a quick google search will give you tons of amazing recipes to use on your skin, but just adding it to my diet lately has definitely been contributing to the glow. It's not quite as strong as the one I have for a few hours after I run, but similar in nature. I've also noticed that when added to my banana smoothie before I run it seems to help with the stiffness in my calves and my energy on the run. It also helps to pick me up a bit after a run when I'm needing to put some of that energy back. :)))))

It could just be the heat and humidity, but my stubborn weight has actually started budging lately too. I almost fell over the other day when I realized several pounds had come off. If you are interested in making the smoothie that I have before I run here's the recipe. :)))) I have a little single serve blender that I got on amazon and absolutely adore. :))) The recipe is rough, I don't really measure lol :))) You can modify it to your tastes. :)))

1 Banana
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon raw honey
a good dash of cinnamon
1 cup crushed ice
almost a cup of milk (I use lactose free)

Even on days that I don't run I actually have been having this in the morning. It keeps me alert and energetic. :)))))

So being as sensitive as I am, I read that raw honey helps with several things that affect me, among them digestion and allergies. I have a super sensitive stomach. Both cinnamon and honey have anti-oxidants and help to fight bacteria. It's also a very powerful antifungal. Those of you that duke it out with Candida like I do, you definitely want to add this to your diet. :))) My Candida is under control completely and I actually display pretty much no symptoms of it anymore. :))))))) It can also help with heart disease, arthritis, colds, the flu, fatigue, blood pressure, and the list goes on and on. Literally. lol :))))

Everyone's body responds a bit differently, and as always you need to see how you respond to it. :)))) I have been having amazing results though. :))))))))

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

Put A Little Magick in Your Day!
Premium edition includes daily magickal correspondences, quotes, affirmations, tarot card, spell , and an article teaching you more about your path. :))) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.