Monday, March 10, 2014

Wiccan Evening Prayer

**original graphic by by EbonyTheHeiress**


Wiccan Evening Prayer

Ever since I was a little girl I always prayed each night before going to sleep. I don't get down on my knees, I just do it as I'm drifting off to sleep. I grew up protestant, so since converting to Wicca, I still carry on this tradition, however I have modified it a bit. ;) Part of what I use is an 18th century children's prayer that I've modified. Many of you will likely recognize it.

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord and Lady, my soul to keep,
May the Angels watch me through the night,
and keep me safe until morning's light."

I then go on to thank the Lord and Lady for all the blessings in my life. Usually as soon as I say thank you I will feel my body tingling. :))) It's a beautiful feeling.

Before I lay down each night I always light a single white tea light in my oil burner and use eucalyptus spearmint oil in it. I then ground and center before I get into bed. If I have not drifted off while saying my thank you's I also use this time to cleanse my chakras and check on my shield. It's the quietest time of the day for me. :)))

My evening ritual accomplishes a few things. The lighting of the white light is when I send out any healing that I may need to. During the day I receive requests from many of you, and this is my time to send out help where I think it is needed. The oil relaxes me and clears my mind to get me ready for sleep. My prayer for the evening is my way of giving thanks for all that I have been blessed with. If I've not fallen asleep, the cleansing at the end is to help my spiritual health. :))))

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

Put A Little Magick in Your Day!
Premium edition includes daily magickal correspondences, quotes, affirmations, tarot card, spell , and an article teaching you more about your path. :))) 


P.S. I also came across a beautiful child's bedtime Pagan Prayer the other day. If you did not catch it on facebook, I will post it below. :)))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.